RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Folks,

Just bougth a "new" 2003 CR250R, and now I'm looking for a Clymer's manual for it...

On Clymer's website I couldn't find it, so I wonder if they ever issued one for this CR version... Does anyone ever saw one? If they didn't published one, can I use other manual, say 2002 CR250's?

Thanks for the help...

PS: where can I find the original owner's manual from Honda?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Clymer only publish their manual for bikes at least 5 years old. I had bought a few clymer manuals and was always very disapointed compared to the Honda owner's manual. The Honda manual has step by step details with pictures of your bike, while the clymer often uses the pictures from other bikes and sometimes even street bikes. Not to say the most important specs numbers often are wrong or just aren't there, such as fork oil levels...

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i got the cd version of the honda manual off e buy im pretty sure its legal cause its a backup of my paper version ;)

about 6 bucks

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
ellandoh said:
i got the cd version of the honda manual off e buy im pretty sure its legal cause its a backup of my paper version ;)

about 6 bucks
Me too.....this service manual is for 2002-2003 CR250's.

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Folks,

Thanks for the info... I am guessing that I should shoot for the oficial Honda repair shop manual, then... How can I find the CD version? I live in Brazil, and the paper version is already not available, so probably getting the CD will be impossible... :think:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
ellandoh said:
i got the cd version of the honda manual off e buy im pretty sure its legal cause its a backup of my paper version ;)about 6 bucks
It's most likely not legal because you didn't do the backing up. It is most likely illegal because somebody else copied Honda's book to CD without permission and made a profit on it.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
James said:
It's most likely not legal because you didn't do the backing up. It is most likely illegal because somebody else copied Honda's book to CD without permission and made a profit on it.

its legal for me to have a backup not the guy on **** but he had disclaimers on the auction to cover his arse provided he is selling to people who REALLY own the paper version ;) his loophole is probably that people are paying for the "duplication services" not the product itself but i could care less. that was my point with the post was to let anyone who considers this route know whats up hence the wink

"backup of my paper version ;) about 6 bucks"

what was your first clue and thanks for pointing this out

Top Bottom