MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'm not sure I understand the logic of some of the moves of post.

I posted a question in the Mods & Performance section which has a subtitle of "Maintenance, Set-Up, Performance, Hop-Ups, Tech Info from Eric Gorr and MX Tuner" My question specific to set-up and tuning (MX-Tuner's expertise, right?).

It was moved to the CR,KX, etc. forum. Now don't misunderstand, I'm not mad. I even considered posting there, but after double checking the subtitles, went with the M&P area.

I'm mostly concerned that we make it easy/intuitive for folks when they post and to help make sure that people get their questons in front of the intended target audience. My target was the EG's and MXT's of this group.

I understand if M&P is intended for help in deciding what types of mods to make, but that would also seem to overlap with the Products Reviews and Questions.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Can not answer your specific question but most moves are made to get a more specific audience/forum.
When I consider moves I often allow them to stay if it appears to be brand specific or a definitive prduct comparison will evolve. If it is a what bike is best for me type question it goes to the beginner forum. I am sure whoever made the move will give you an idea why it was done.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Moving posts is a judgement call. In this case I moved it because it was a general enough question that other KX riders would likely benefit from it, and it would take specific knowledge of the 02 KX to answer it. The fact is, there wasn't really enough specific information to get a solid answer, so you might want to add some details about temp elevation etc. to help others to help you.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I can understand that. I really hate even asking jetting questions, but I couldn't really work with this guy, so my only recourse was to try and find someone that had experience with the bike. I managed to run some hypothetical numbers through the TSR jetting progam and hopefully get him going in the right direction.

I just notice quite a few moves and was wondering if there is anything that could or should be done to keep from generating so much work for the mods. I did that mod thing for a couple of years on an airline pilot section of Compuserve. I can appreciate how much time you guys and gals spend keeping things under control. Thanks for your work.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by KX - 727
I just notice quite a few moves and was wondering if there is anything that could or should be done to keep from generating so much work for the mods.

Good question :) It seems no matter what Okie does some people still just post where they want. You should see some of the the stuff I have to move out of the advanced tech forum :scream:
It's really not a big deal. I recognize the people who usually do it so it's easy to deal with. In cases like yours if it were a jetting question that had a wider audience I tend to leave it in the Performance forum (jetting is the BEST mod ) but when it's real specific (or stupid) I tend to move it to the Basic Q&A forum. Your question seemed to be one that would be best served in the big4 forum. Judgement call :)

The right type of jetting question can prove to be really valuable for a wide range of people. A while back we had an excellent thread on jetting Okie's KX250 that covered a wide range of ground so lots of good info was shared. Sometimes we get lucky, other times just bored.:)

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
What kind of oil should I use to keep the spooge off of my easy cheese can?
This is the right forum, isn't it?

:confused:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by dhoward
This is the right forum, isn't it?

There is no WRONG forum for easy-cheese discussions :)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

There is no WRONG forum for easy-cheese discussions :)

Even one that get used as explodinmg devices in campfires? :eek:

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
I didn't know there was another kind. Most aerosol products are manufactured for my entertainment.
"If it weren't meant to explode, than they wouldn't have pressurized it in the first place."
:) :) :)

Top Bottom