Cost effective point and shoot

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Looks like canon's G12 is the latest version. You can look at my pictures with
the G10 in the non moto pictures section.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
I have a kodak M340 (my second Kodak The first one took a swim in a flooded river but still worked for 2 more years) It is simple and will take short video clips but can only handlehooting into the light if you fiddle with the clickers first. I got the second caera with a free dvd player and the camera has outlived the dvd player. The camera lives in my man bag or in a plastic box on the handlebars (foam insert around camera and GPS) My general abuse of over heating and bouncing hasn't killed it yet

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i had a kodak. easyshare 8213 or 8321 or 8132 or whatever. the camera was very cheap and was one of that cases that you got what you pay for. i bought it for a all-round, beater camera. had a very long zoom and full manual exposure control, very versatile.
besides all the problems (at least for me) the camera may had, the service was great. never cost me a cent to repair, even if one of the times the camera has fall from a table top jump more than 5 meters high. with me on top. :ohmy:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Rich Rohrich said:
I love my Nikon DLSR and wouldn't own anything else for serious stuff but they make some pretty weak point and shoots. The worst are usually in the "style" line. I'd keep looking Joe. ;)

I'll qualify the above statement with a big thumbs up for the latest Nikon P7000 compact :cool:

It's an outstanding camera, with excellent manual controls, a surprisingly good built in flash, a great sensor and great lens. It supports RAW as well.

The downside is it's well outside the price point you were looking to hit. It's more in line with the Canon G12 pricing.

Top Bottom