viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
So,Marcus and the rest of you clever guys:When I reassemble my sons 01 cr 125 the following mods will be done as I buy in parts or shortly after the damned thing runs again:
V-Force on the low setting,
7 mm bush on the PV stopper pin,
Vertex piston,husky cr 125 type,626-something,(dont worry,Ill do a search!)
Thin base gasket,together with 2 head gaskets
Forget exhaust systems-I cant afford one!
Anything else?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes a really good cheap mod straight from the guru steve125 is a BR8EG plug-it helps a fair bit.Dont bother with the 7mm pv stopper i think it doesnt do much.
Jetting is vital-i used a 40 pilot and i cut the slide by 1mm(made the cresent cut out higher) to get it crisper.

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
Hi
Why Vertex Husky cr125 piston
and what is 626 or something......
Please, explain me more about this mod...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
The Hondas are known to have to big clearance on the stock pistons,some years worse than others.The Husky piston is without a" window",and "holes" on the sides.This increases the primary compression in the crankcase,with better bottom-end response as a result,I understand.The number is the first part of the Vertex part-number,if my memory is correct!
For more info,and interesting reading,do a search for "cr 125 mods",Marcus and a number of other clever guys has had a lot of interesting ideas,and follow-up on these engines incl. dyno prints!

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
thanks Viking !!!!!
i mean so a piston without window, increase the Crankase compression, and is better for Supercross, for example, more low or bottom.....!!!!!!
Once time i used a Vertex like this, but don´t felt difference....

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Havent tried the Vertex on my sons bike yet.I think it will loose a bit of mid-range power,but from what people say, the 01 cr 125 has most of its power mid-range,and needs a bit more bottom-end power.

TNUTT

Jul 18, 2002
MARCUS,

I was curious what the improvements are that BR8EG plug has over the BR9EG in engine performance?

In a pinch I used a BR8ES from my old 250,I think, that was lying in the back of my car. I noticed a power improvement, but I thought it was all in my head.

Can you please shed some light on this for me.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by viking20

Forget exhaust systems-I cant afford one!
How about a $20 bolt on that will increase low end quite a bit.
On Eric's recommendation we put on the exhaust flange from a 2002 CR125 on my sons 01 CR125. Made quite a differance. He is running stock exhaust otherwise

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom