2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Does anybody know if any year Honda CR rear brake caliper and master cylinder will fit a '01 YZ250? I don't know what makes the Honda brakes so good, but I miss having them. My YZ's brakes aren't too bad, at least not KTM bad,(sorry KTMers) but not near as good as the CR's.

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Being a previous CR owner myself, I know what you are experiencing. Fastline makes a CR style braided hose that you can use on your 250. You will also have to change the lower fork protector brake line mount and mount a cable guide on your #plate. You can view a picture of my setup HERE and if you send me an email or private message I can get you more pictures, details and part #'s needed if so desired.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
MX145:

you might want to put the pictures in the members section since i am sure other will want to see them! i think i will eventually go for the cr routing and also put the carbon fiber guards on at the same time. I saw that DSP has brough out the complete kit (brake line, guards and clamps for about 190 bucks) i wonder how their line compares with the fastline?

cheers
bruce

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Bruce - I would love to post more pics up on the site but unfortunately I'm at my max space according to drn. I could give a lot of good shots and advice/info - but I'm limited at this time.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Thanks anyway! it doesnt seem like such a big job. i did a brake line on my old CR so i assume this qualifys me!

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Go for it!! It really isn't that hard to do. With a little bit of enginuity I was able to use my stock guards without even purchasing an additional brake line clamp. I use that setup for my practice sessions usually and it works just fine. I do have an extra ProCircuit #plate guide if you're interested. It is brand new still in the package and shipping from me to you will be alot less than from them. Let me know how your project is going and if you have any ?? give me a holler - I'll be more than happy to send you some advice or pic's if necessary. Ride On!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom