kniles812

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2003
i have a 1983 cr60 and its really loud and i wanted to make it quiter. Let me know what u think I shold do!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
first repack the silencer. that will help tons as I bet it hasn't been done in years. Second you can take an inner tube from a bike and cut it about 1 foot long. Then slip it over the silencer so the curve points down. This will help deflect the sound waves a little. We let my kid ride his 65 in our yard and the difference with the tube is noticable. luckily out negihbors are cool. If you ever want to sell the 60 let me know. I know a guy really looking for one.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
hang on to that bike. they stopped making them in either 83 or 84, can't remember. cool little bike.

stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
my friend has 2 of them. Them little bikes scream and can easily compete with a kx-60. But like he said good luck finding parts. My son rides it every now and then and he says it has way more bottom than his 60.

Ohh yea check for exhaust leaks around the front of the pipe and the connection to the silencer. Can't remember if it has o-rings on the pipe or not. Might be worth it to check i'm sure they haven't been replaced in about ohhh 20 years
lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom