Dorkmeat

Jan 31, 2002
My son is rideing MX and woods and has alot of spooge build-up the pipe and jug and comming out of the silencer. Stock jetting presently 2002, CR80R, Michigan. Thanks in advance

Zippo448

Sep 18, 2002
this is my first post so here it goes ;)
i have a 2002 CR80 Expert... my bike must have an exaust leak or something because right were the exaust pipe connects to the engine a lot of spooge crap comes out.... my bike is tuned right... not to rich or lean with 32:1 honda oil.... it has always done this. I have no idea why... maybe just something the new cr's do? The more gas I give it the more spooge comes out.. the exaust is tight... i always check it.... maybe a seal is bad? I dunno were gonna have to wait for an answer on this one

Randy

enduro400

Oct 19, 2001
Dorkmeat - Try running a 122 main in the carb, my son races enduro's also. I believe it comes with a 125 main in it. No spooge from his pipe.

Zippo448 - there is a metal gasket that fits around the exhaust flange that is usally no good. Try using some HIGH TEMP. Permatex. This stuff really works. Or you could get a new metal gasket from Honda, but I don't think it will last very long.

Hope this helps both of you!!!

ewbish

Feb 3, 2002
For the jetting, you will have to use trial and error. It all depends on what elevation, and temp you habitually ride at. In AZ, we ride at about 4500 ft in 80-100 temp. My daughter's 99 CR80 (identical to the 2002 except BNG) is running a 48 pilot, 118 main, air screw two turns out, and needle in 2nd slot from top. Repack your silencer and clean the air filter before starting. Be conservative on the main jet and needle, too lean and you will grenade your engine. Stock, your bike will have a 50 pilot, 125 main, and needle in 3rd from top (unless the dealer rejetted for your alt., almost unheard of). Order a selection of jets and play until it's right.

For the spooge problem-above applies as well. A properly jetted CR80 will hardly spooge at all. You will ALWAYS have some coming out at the cyl. pipe junction as honda has never gotten that right (my '76 Els. CR125 did the same damn thing and had the same BS metal ring 25 years ago). It will be very minimal once jetted correctly, use the permatex solution the other guy suggested (what I do) or get the Atomic 22 replacement manifold with real o-rings.

Check out www.ericgorr.com for a good guide on jetting.

Eric (not Gorr)

Top Bottom