stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
i chucked in a new wiseco piston just i didnt get it a size over which i should have yes i know :( but i had a scratch in it.. got it honed to where u can see it but u can barly feel it finger nail dsnt get caught in it. seemed ok.. i put it in bike ran strong . i was riding it for just a little, taking it slow to break it in... the next day i had to go to this sump where we have a track.. but i had to ride there.. now i was just an idiot and paniced bec i was on the street and just pinned each gear for about a mile long i was topping out in.. bec i just wanted to get there when i was just like NOO! i have to break this in before i start pinning .. just as i rememberd // i held in the clutch and hit the break to slow down... and than just started to bog out on me .. pulled over.. i had no compressions :bang: !!!! i know retarted move.... but bec this was a brand new forged piston. do u think the ring might have just got worn out bec of the scratch or do u think the top end is totaly finished and i need new piston and ring and the whole 9 yards yes .. i know.. im an idiot but i paniced ..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Don't "think" or ask for opinions. Check the compression, take it apart, measure stuff, take some pics and post them. Then at least you can get a rough guess.

Top Bottom