cr85rtexas

Apr 28, 2004
I want to modify my cr85 i'm 5'4 100 pounds i would say i'm experinced rider. i want to know if my bike has bottem and mid end or high and mid end power? i want the same type of power it has now but more power my friend has a cr125 that has several aftermarket parts it use to be a race bike and it felt like it had no touqe/power i tried to pop a wheelie in 1st through 3rd and it would only come up a little bit in second it felt like a 50 compared to my 85. i was also wondering if anyone knew any good suspension company in texas? thanx, Bobby

Spitfire557

Feb 3, 2005
Yes, your bike is all topend power. About that CR 125 though, that thing SHOULD feel like a rocket compared to your 85, maybe your friend should have that checked out... :cool:

cr85rtexas

Apr 28, 2004
thanks to all of you who replyed an today i rode my friends 125 again it's fast but it seems like it has no torque/pull like my 85 does

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Where is "I don't know" Texas? That might help find a local shop if that is what you are looking for.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Patman said:
Where is "I don't know" Texas?

i've always wondered why people don't put their location. are they afraid of the boogeyman? heck, that's how i found a bunch of people to ride with when i first joined drn.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I believe MX Tech has a representative in Corpus they would get my vote for suspension work. Your weight should be pretty close to what the stock springs will handle but valving is an issue with these bikes. Betting the suspension setup for you and the riding you do will make a lot of difference. Many people don't do this because you can see the bling but dollar for dollar it's one of the best changes that can be made to any bike.

Your bike has no bottom end, it just the way it is. My son has the same bike and when it hits it hits hard. We added a Stealy flywheel weight to soften the hit and make the bike smoother across the rpm range. He also runs a FMF Fatty & Powercore II which helps the bike broaden the power delivery a little bit from the light switch stock delivery.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Try the weisco piston. I believe it has slightly higher compression than stock. It also lasts longer and does not shatter. We cut down the silencer on one of our CR 85's and improved the power some.

My latest bike I have been working on is a 2002. The cylinder was bad so we replaced it with a 2004 cylinder. No special reason for that year. It was 150.00 bucks cheaper than the 2002 cylinder (????)

The combination of a 2002 head and an 04 cylinder made this bike a rocket. It is far faster than our new 05 version.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Nick, SHOULD is the key word. We tried any pipe we could get out hands on. Bills, Pro Circuit, and FMF. Not one of them made a slight difference in feel or power.

The factory had to build and design a pipe for their bike. Why would they choose one that is less than ideal?

I believe aftermarket pipes are one of the largest scams in the industry. None of the are worth the money unless the stock pipe is broken.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom