kdx_250

Oct 2, 2001
Hello all,

I went for my first ride on the 250 this weekend. FUn, Fun.

I filled the tank up with premix, and noticed a steady stream of gas coming down the rear of the tank, and leaking everywhere. Needless to say I was NOT pleased.

I pulled the tank, and it was leaking from the rear bracket that mounts to the frame. The brass insert, that the bracket mounting bolts screw into had a 1/4 in. crack on either side.

I had a bit of old, nearly congealed super glue, so I smashed that in there. It slowed it, but didn't quite stop it. So then I took an old square piece of inner tube, punched a hole in it, and put it between the tank and the bracket. This seems to have stopped it completely, as it didn't leak a drop (that I could see) the rest of the day. 40+ miles through pretty rough terrain.

Is there a better/more permanent fix for this kind of problem? Or since it seems to work, should I just stick with what I've got?

Thanks!

JC

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I had a YZ with a cracked tank and I bought a new tank because I'm
allergic to flames. I had to get a larger one which I didn't like so I tried every
type of plastic glue in every auto and hardware store in town. I even borrowed a plastic welder. The mold release agent is mixed in with the
plastic and I could not get any gas resistant glue to stick. Good luck but just letting you know a lot of my time got me nowhere.

Top Bottom