fitzy

Sep 26, 2002
G/ day from OZ
Just got a new toy ( Honda CRF 250) and I want to revalve the compression stack to soften it up for enduro riding. I did my own on my KTM 525 and WR 400 Yammie with good results. Never had anthing to do with the Honda forks and was wondering if you can remove the compression stack out the top of the fork without having to reoil the chamber? As with the other forks you could just lay the bike over and remove the stack from the fork with an air gun. Is there an easy way to do the Honda? I imagine it will be a single stage stack and will have to convert it to dual stage. Anybody got any starting stack configerations for 80KG B to A grade bush bunny? Hoping someone can help me as I'm in Australia and nobody has had much to do with these bike yet as the have just arrived
Cheers from OZ
Adrian

Marlon

MX-Tech Forum Mod
Dec 23, 2003
Hey Fitzy, yes as far as removal you will be able to remove the compression adjuster without having to re-oil the chamber. Just make sure you add a little oil to the cartridge to insure there is no air trapped under the piston upon installation.

Be advised that the bike is valved pretty stiff and that you will have to design a stack that is much more complient for trail junk.

Also, remember that the inner chamber spring adds approx .02 kg/mm to the over all spring rate. This equates to a stock spring rate of .49kg/mm

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom