wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Hello, I'm 6'2 220 w/o gear and I'm looking to step up from my KDX200. I like to ride track & trail; I prefer the track but I like a kickstand and the e-button sounds like a nice thing to have.

I've read nothing but wonderful things about both the 250X and the 450X, and I'm interested in taking the 4T plunge.

Considering my size, will a 250X keep me grinning all day, or should I go to the 450X? I'm concerned that the 250X may not be enough for my weight (don't want it dancing off the rev limiter all day), but I'm also concerned that the 450X might be too much bike.

Thanks for your help!

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
a coworker of mine who has been riding for 20+ years got a chance to ride an 04 crf250x and he couldn't believe the power. He's riding a ktm250 two stroke. When i was looking for a bike he said i should look at a 250x. He said that the bike just screams the rpm's out and is wickedly fast in the bush.

With that being said, if you feel your kdx doesn't have the power you're looking for i'd say go for the 450x. I find it easier in the bush with more power than not enough. See if you can find somewhere you can try each and go from there. Good luck.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
For sure go for the 450X. I'm 268lbs and 6'4". I have the 250X, which is a great bike, but you will want more power.

Top Bottom