09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Mully said:
Stir Stir Stir
That is just to make them street legal. We do have to use a little bit of road to connect our "long" sections of trail. You do know that we ride well over 50 miles at any one of the Enduros??? Unlike that Motor-cross stuff............ :laugh:

Your bikes are not really "street legal"? I only rode one enduro (about 20 years ago) and I was told to get a motorcycle license plate and tape it to my rear fender - any plate is OK.

How do you explain this stuff to your kids?

"Son, I need to borrow your horn from your big wheel to put on my bike to make it street legal" (all the while wishing the fork tubes were smaller so you could put the baseball card that goes "click click" on the spokes with a clothes pin).

Fred T. will be inspecting all of your skid plates at all events in 2011.

I can just imagine going down the trail trying to follow the red arrows, lugging a bunch of useless crap mounted to my bike, looking for the paper plate stapled on a tree so I can make sure I am not going too fast.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Mully said:
Stir Stir Stir
That is just to make them street legal. We do have to use a little bit of road to connect our "long" sections of trail. You do know that we ride well over 50 miles at any one of the Enduros??? Unlike that Motor-cross stuff............ :laugh:

50 miles?? :whoa:

I do mountain bike races that long. And I don't have to have a plate, headlight, brake light, clown horn or a man purse! :nener:

rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
I doubt you can go faster than 25mph through the woods.

rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
Not you. Those hills in Boyne are steep I could see that. 09onel said he has to look at his route sheet and computer and make sure he is not going too fast. In restart format I don't think he could ever make a check early unless he cut the course.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
09oneL said:
(the baseball card that goes "click click" on the spokes with a clothes pin).

I don't want to talk about that. I have a 1970 Roger Staubach card (still in my collection) that somehow or other ended up in the spokes of my bike when I was 11.
:( :bang:

Hold on for a moment of silence..........................

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled Pot Stirring.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
rayracing88 said:
Those hills in Boyne are steep I could see that.

I did 10 mtn bike races last summer/fall...hit well over 25 mph in all of 'em. Boyne was the fastest though. 35 miles and three trips up Boyne mtn made for an interesting day! :yikes:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Mully said:
I don't want to talk about that. I have a 1970 Roger Staubach card (still in my collection) that somehow or other ended up in the spokes of my bike when I was 11.
:( :bang:

Hold on for a moment of silence..........................

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled Pot Stirring.

Took my hat off for you on that one Mully.... :ohmy:

Love your tag line too ;)

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
Rivard809 said:
I'm curious about the track around the expo center.... is this going to be a grand prix-esque event? Like a one time event? Or a second perminent track for baja to operate?

grant,
i cant find much info.. but this is directly off their website...

posted 1/2/11

Baja Opens New MX TrackHappy New Year everyone. New for 2011 In addition to Baja Acres we will open a new MX race track in downtown Birch Run. The track will be at the Expo Center complex thus calling the venue MOTO at the EXPO. We will build a 20 acre track on soils mixed of topsoil, clay and sand- making a perfect mix. This is a unique opportunity having a MX track in Birch Run with visual exposure from I-75. We expect a good spectator crowd for the 3 races in June, July and August. However there will be no open practices making it a even playing field. Stay tuned for more developments.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
Mark, you coming out of retirement this year?

What????.....I did a race last fall!! Had a blast too....... :cool:

We will see. No specific plans. Trying to pay down some debt (teenager approaching college possibilities). Not having to buy race fuel every weekend helped that cause this past summer! Race fuel for mountain bike races involves oatmeal and cliff bars.

I'm shootin for Battle Creek again. We'll see. No more health scares out of the Dunn camp, OK??

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
bk232 said:
just got cleared by the doctor to ride again from the knee surgery. and the damn job got in the way from me going...

Bummer. At least you're contributing to entitlements.....instead of being supported by them. I think?? Sounds like you're headed in the right direction and will be throwin dirt soon enough though?? I'm friggin jonesing for spring.......

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yam7M said:
Bummer. At least you're contributing to entitlements.....instead of being supported by them. I think?? Sounds like you're headed in the right direction and will be throwin dirt soon enough though?? I'm friggin jonesing for spring.......
With this weather I'm just jonesing for 20 degrees!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Anyone else getting blocked out of the forum?? I would have thought it would have been me that got banned first.....but I rec'd an email that someone else can't get in.

Hey Shaggy....you working on anything else that can get you in trouble from a copywrite infringement stand point or something?? You put a Pro Circuit sign over your garage and a "Bones" patch on your shirt or something like that??

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Yam7M said:
Anyone else getting blocked out of the forum?? I would have thought it would have been me that got banned first.....but I rec'd an email that someone else can't get in.

Hey Shaggy....you working on anything else that can get you in trouble from a copyright infringement stand point or something?? You put a Pro Circuit sign over your garage and a "Bones" patch on your shirt or something like that??
HAHAHA no Mark just working on the bike but by the time I'm done i wouldn't be surprised if I don't get sued for copyright infringement on the bike cause its gonna look like villapotos 2006 MXDN bike

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I had to put firefox on my PC to get DRN to work and post. I could get here but it would not take a "submit post".

It appears there is an issue with IE.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
It appears that Bob has fixed the IE problem.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
You sure? Did you check with Al Gore yet? :)

I can now post from the "Advanced" place...but I couldn't get the "quote" feature to work??

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Yam7M said:
I can now post from the "Advanced" place...but I couldn't get the "quote" feature to work??

I can click the quote button.
However my quote button works because my bike has lights on it.

Stir Stir Stir.................

Oh yeah, and a horn too.
Honk Honk

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom