Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Haven't posted too much up from the last few races, so I figured I better get a couple photos up from Dallas. This was the most limiting track I have shot. I was having a hard time findng the angles and my keeper's folder only has 82 shots in it :(

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

MF8B3868.jpg

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I was shocked in Minneapolis, the question is though if it's all about safety why can the TV guys be in the red zone? Heck in Minny there was one of the red zones we weren't even allowed to pass through with bikes on the track, had to do an entire lap around the outside to switch from one green zone to another 50 feet away.

Dig the Reedy shot btw.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
whattup, strangers!

actually, it's me that's a stranger...haven't been over here in ages, but i shot next to emile last saturday and i had to come over and say hi!

squid is a great shooter and fun to hang out with, and he's right about the photo-g access at dallas. they left us a mere sliver of floor to work from. i got some of my best stuff from the stands! it will probably get worse, too. the live nation guys were telling me that if management had their way, NONE of us would be on the floor. he thinks there will come a day where we can ONLY shoot from the seats. that will be when i quit going...

e-coop....freestone nationals, baby!!

wp.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Nice job capturing Andrew Short with eyes wide open! :cool:

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks guys, glad you liked them.

Chili said:
Heck in Minny there was one of the red zones we weren't even allowed to pass through with bikes on the track, had to do an entire lap around the outside to switch from one green zone to another 50 feet away.

Didn't have any problems like that in Dallas, but Toronto was a different story. I looked at the track map for Detroit, and looks like no access to the inside lanes of the track again. Maybe I'll do some shooting from the stands in practice.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
will pattison said:
whattup, strangers!

actually, it's me that's a stranger...haven't been over here in ages, but i shot next to emile last saturday and i had to come over and say hi!

squid is a great shooter and fun to hang out with, and he's right about the photo-g access at dallas. they left us a mere sliver of floor to work from. i got some of my best stuff from the stands! it will probably get worse, too. the live nation guys were telling me that if management had their way, NONE of us would be on the floor. he thinks there will come a day where we can ONLY shoot from the seats. that will be when i quit going...

e-coop....freestone nationals, baby!!

wp.
I had a look online for prices to fly back to Dallas in June. They are quite a bit higher than what they were for the SX. I'll keep my eye on the price though, and maybe I'll make it down there for the weekend in June.

Will, post a couple shots here. I'm sure everyone would love to see them.

Top Bottom