rohnman

May 31, 2001
I'll be at Dilla for most of the weekend. I'll be heading down afer work on Saturday and staying through Monday. Parts Unlimited dealer show on Monday.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I’m putting together a nice little ride for everyone on Saturday. We’ll start off on a couple of the easier trails to get everybody acclimated and assess everyone’s off-road prowess. We’ll have everything from tight, twisty, first gear pilot-jet trails to high speed, top-gear, wfo fire roads. There will be a couple good hills to challenge everyone. Also remember that what goes up must go down.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Where you riding on Sat., I assume the July 21 correct? As long as work doesn't screw me maybe I'll join you. (Seeing as you're afraid of the Berkshires :scream: )

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Does anyone know if Catraland has a website?? Please post a link if so! Thanks, Shaw

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Why,...should I bring the scuba gear?? Dave can do a pretty slick backstroke with one hand still on the bars. Me,.... I usually just plant the front wheel and do a swandive over the bars! ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Greg - I think dirty is talking about Lake Desolation. I did the old swan dive trick last time I was there with knobbie. A frantic stab at the kill switch saved the engine from sucking in water.

I'm going to try and get a kitchen pass to ride on Sunday, but being that it's my first Father's Day it might not go over so well.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Wish I was going swi..err.. riding with you guys on Sun. but I have to work.

Shaw , I saw one water hole swallow half a Yamaha .

Have fun guys .

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Alright all you Damn Yankees have I got a loop for you. Like my previous post stated, the first three miles will be on some of the easier, well marked trails.

The next two to three miles will be a combination of some good, tight single-track linked together with sections of the chewed up hare scrambles track. This section is not well marked so don't try any alternate lines.

This will take us up to three miles of two-track that has some shallow water crossings that shouldn't cause any trouble. Just keep an eye out for the re-routes around blow downs.

Then we'll hit some more downhill single-track. At first this won't seem too bad, but then it turns into Oh Sh!t Hill (that's the name of this trail). Eventually we'll snake our way along the hillside on some off-camber stuff, then over a few logs for a couple miles before turning back uphill and onto the two-track again.

The next four miles will have some more water crossings and big mud holes topped off with a rocky hill climb up to a spot that has a view of a lake.

From there we'll back track about five miles and then drop into some good downhill singletrack. From here it's about two to three miles back to the parking area. This will be the second toughest part of the entire ride. Just be glad we're not doing it on the side of a hill this time. :eek:

This loop should take no more than three hours to complete. After that we can ride some other stuff depending on how everyone feels.

---Woods

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I rode it twice yesterday from 1:30 to 5:30. On my second lap a couple of novice riders came along. They had fun except for the face slappers, mud and that last little section from hell. :p

Actually it's not a loop there is one part we will double back. I might try and make another loop around six to seven miles in length using some of the previous mentioned stuff, but staying off the two-track. Might throw a gnarly hill-climb in just for fun. ;)

You coming over for this?

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider
You coming over for this?
I was thinking of coming up to ride just for Sat. It is July 20th right? I have a stag party on Friday night that I have to attend (Wife's family) but I plan on making it an early night.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll get you directions as the date approaches.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Keith, Looks like Woods is the clear winner.

BTW, good luck trying to spank me if anyone votes for me. I won't be there :p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Better take another look ;)

Although I' still unsure how I'd be the one getting roosted when I'm going to be leading :think:

Unless you guys want to wander off and run out of gas. :eek:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom