mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
What is th recommended Tention for Delta Force II Reed for a KDX 200. I was hoping for more low and mid end. However, in the instructions it mentions that excessive reed wear may occur if the reed tention is set to low tention. Does anyone have experience/knowledge in this area?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Mototassinari sez that 'hi' was the best in most every test they ran.

Those tests evidently did not include a woods bike.....in the woods.

I set mine to 'hi' for sand, 'lo' for the woods. Might as well take advantage of the fact that they ARE adjustable.

They will wear more on 'lo' than 'hi'. Last spring, I compared a set of radvalve reeds to a set of DFII reeds (had been set to 'hi') run in the same model bike (kdx200) for the exact same amount of time (about a year)...both bikes having been ridden in the same places.

The boyesen reeds were shot. Cracked, chipped, split, frayed and sprung.

The DFII reeds looked brand spanking new.

If they wear 'more' on the low setting, they will still be far superior to the boyesen product in the wear department.

...besides working so much better in the first place.

The DFII reedcage, with the tension set to low is the first time I've found the rev (-30) pipe to be useable in the woods on my 200. The combination of bottom end pull I have with the DFII on low and the higher rev band of the -30 pipe make the bike a blast to ride.

So...if low end is what you're after, the 'lo' tension setting is what you want.

If you don't like it, you can change it back in a few minutes. What a deal!! A FREE mod that you can reverse easily.

What more could you ask for?

Well....you could ask for someone else to supply the beer, but let's be realistic here! ;)

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
so wait a seccond here--Canyan Carver you just trashed the Boysen Rad valve why? I just bought a rad valve--so your now going tell me that i wasted my money right? i hope not-- i don't get it Jeff Fredette recommends the Boysen Rad valve not the DFII I hope my rad valve don't turn out like yours

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I 'trashed' the boyesen product because:
1. It didn't do much.
2. It didn't last very long
3. The DFII is superior in every way shape and form

...which is why I sold my radvalve.

I can have a different opinion from the experts. If it suits me it should tickle everyone else.......if it's MY ride that's at issue. Mr. fredette didn't like the RB carb, either. Don't get any idea I'm dis'ing mr. fredette. That would be a large error on your part. He's forgotten more about the kdx in the last year than I'll ever know about it.

Still..when I can compare two identical bikes...side by side...and see/feel the difference with my own hinder, I'll go with that!

If you 'just' got one, return it and get a DFII.

Top Bottom