truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I met the Alessi's a few years back at a LL qualifier. They were really nice and pretty cool.

I have been really liking the hard work that Mike has put in the past couple years.

But this is absolutely unforgivable. Jeff and Tony are getting off easy. I say lifetime bans for Tony and Jeff and the fines should be tripled.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Do we "Believe The Hype" yet?

Agree about Mike... he seems to have grown-up a lot, riding hard.. I guess Tony bought into his own hype a little too hard? Lifetime ban is a min for that dooch.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm stunned. Mike was just gaining back some of my respect and now this. He may or may not have known what Tony and Jeff were up to but he had to have known that Jeff was playing with the laser in the pits.

Coombs did the right thing and I hope he doesn’t back down.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I just read the article too. WOW, He needs banned for life. He has a history and that should be taken into consideration.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Jeff just posted a full apology on vital. Said he did it and lied about it to Tony and DC. Pretty sad deal. :( Drama has followed the Alessi's around since their peewee days. I have always used Tony as an example of how not to treat your kids. Peewee dad from hell. :coocoo:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
And he apologizes... I still think they are getting off too easy. Plus, it doesn't match his writing style... seen too much of it on Vital over the years and he doesn't use paragraphs anymore than AJ uses punctuation :)

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/07/24/jeff-alessis-washougal-apology

Hey guys,

I'm here to inform all of you that I am responsible for the incident that happened this weekend at Washougal national. As many of you know a green laser went across Ryan Villopoto and Malcolm Stewart before the start of the first moto. I was the person who did that and I would like to say to those two riders that I am very sorry for causing any distraction to them before the start of the race. I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results.

I would also like to extend my sincere apologies to Steve Matthes who had to hear the wrath of my father who was defending me with the thought that I was innocent because I told him a story to make him think I wasn't guilty, and also for saying what I said to him during the confrontation.

To my brother, my father, and Mike Genova, words cannot describe the pain and shame I have to live with right now knowing the problems I caused for all of you and the rest of the team. I know how hard you work Mike800, and how you've made your one goal to stay out of drama and just race and try to show the masses that you are a great rider that loves racing.

When I sit here and think about what I did and what it caused I feel like I ruined EVERYTHING you spent the last 5 years building on, and I am so sorry brother because you don't deserve any of this.

To my dad, thanks for standing up for me and showing me you would take that bullet for me. I shouldn't have told you a story when you looked at me and asked what I did. I should've just told you the truth but I couldn't because I was terrified and scared and what came out instead was little and low and you still believed me because that's what you do when your kids say something. I was so dumb.

Mike Genova, what can I say other than you tried getting me back on track here and wanted me to make a difference and I didn't make any difference except cost you a lot of people's respect they had started having for you. You're like my second father, and just like my dad I lied to you too, and you defended me against it all and I'm here to finally give up my story and come clean and tell you I was standing in the grass with a $12 dollar laser acting like a five-year-old, doing childish pranks and it all came down on your team and my brother. I'm really sorry, Mike. I thought I had changed and I made an effort prior to that mistake to do nothing wrong all week and try to help but I stopped thinking and I'm truly sorry.

My last apology I will end with is to the man who did his job and found me when I was doing something wrong, Davey Coombs. I am so sorry I had to put you in that situation that you had to spend important time looking for who was causing the big problem. I know how disappointed you were when you found out I was the one with the device and you had to do what you did, but I also want you to know I never thought you were rough with me, you were just doing your job.

To everyone else, the Monster Energy Kawasaki team, JGR, the Stewart family; MotoConcept team members Vince Freise, James, Dave Dye, Daniel Castloo, Shauna Genova and Sandy Genova; I'm sorry for the outcome of this, it was never my intentions and I will work hard to learn from all of this and return to a professional human that uses his brain before making actions.

To the motorcycle community, I hope this does not reflect who I am because I'm not the person it looks like I am right now and I will try and prove that in the future.

Jeff Alessi

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
whew! read the comments on Racer X. Not much sympathy

LongGone

Nov 27, 2009
Funny! I hadn't even read all of the replies yet I was thinking "Lifeban" just like most of you. His apology sounds genuine and heartfelt. The type of apology someone might give if their *** was on the line. He gets no sympathy from me. No matter what spews out of his mouth.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
It's the type of apology I would expect to see from the PR guy throwing the scapegoat under the bus while trying to save the team's collective a$$. Now I realize that he is clearly guilty, which make the term scapegoat seem wrong, but I am confident that daddy was fully aware of what was going on. I would like to think that Mike has grown up enough over the last few years to not be involved, but the apple seems to stay right next to the tree.

Top Bottom