Texas
Drum roll...
First week of October. - 1-5
Arrivals as early as Monday, Sept. 30
Departures: Sunday, October 6

Get those vacation requests in... this year's event is gonna ROCK! :aj:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Great choice for dates. It may still be a little hot, but it won't actually melt your eyes, the way it does in August. Count me in.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I'll see what I can do to arrange a group of the Michigan Trail riders to make the trip. When I first heard that Cooperland was being considered, I had the same reaction as Jer. However, after talking to people who have attended prior events, I am going to make every effort to attend this year.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
OK, I'm new to this DirtWeek thing... Is Cooperland in Oklahoma? This Stillwater you mention; that's the closes town to Cooperland? Just checking because this might be do-able October 1-5.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Vacation scheduled....

Its on the Calendar.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
380EXCman !! Whooo Hooo! Coming in the Neon?

You will all be surprised how many caravans will come together for this thing, from all over. It was very cool to hear all of the "trip" stories last year. Visualize 15 or 20 vehicles in a row down the highway, loaded to the gills with bikes...

Tell ya what... ask anyone that was in the 36 hour trip from SoCal last year if it was worth it. 5 people in an extended-cab pick-up :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Tell ya what... ask anyone that was in the 36 hour trip from SoCal last year if it was worth it. 5 people in an extended-cab pick-up :)

That was 4 people & Eddie's dog....

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sweeeeet! Vacation notice already e-mailed. This little 7-8 hr drive will be a piece of cake after last years marathon. GSR bounced between 'wired' & 'comatose' last year :aj:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
At least BSWIFT's and JUSTQL's wives don't have to worry about their boys doing a long road trip with that lori gal :)

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
MapQuest says 21 hours, I'm guessing I could get that down to about 19 or so with some decent driving, maybe less who knows. Any bad spots for police I should watch out for?

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Yeaaaaaaaa Baby
After the day I had at work, I now have a reason to be happy. :)
Road trip planing now in progress.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
At least BSWIFT's and JUSTQL's wives don't have to worry about their boys doing a long road trip with that lori gal :)
Shhhhsh, Bundu, you'll blow our cover! :moon:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Hucker
MapQuest says 21 hours, I'm guessing I could get that down to about 19 or so with some decent driving, maybe less who knows. Any bad spots for police I should watch out for?
Only bad spot I'm aware of is the United States ;)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'd be happy to haul anyone that gets to my place the rest of the way.......but I only live an hour and a half from there :p

B

biglou

Ditto what justql said. If anyone is passing through the KC area, just let me know. There's a herd of us here and I figure a lot of us are going and on different days. Or if someone just wants to crash on the floor on their way. :)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by Hucker

When you hit the Oklahoma state line, watch out...

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
Anyone from the south west area looking for a carpool? I am just about 30 mins west of Phoenix. Thought it'd be nice to travel w/ some people. Will gladly drive!

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
Just talked to my lawyer:p and he thinks I can get a temporary divorce, say about 6-7 days. During which time I will be awarded custody of my truck, bike, gear, and trailer. I also understand that it will require a certain amount of my lips pressed to her bottom or an equal amount of shopping with a clean credit card to have this arrangement brought to a swift conclusion.

In other words, I'll be there, she'll be mad. I'll come home, she'll still be mad:uh: . I'll admit what an insensitve motohead I am and at some point she'll get over it. Maybe in time for DW 03.

See you there :confused:

Top Bottom