Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Here's where I open that massive can of worms and ask everyone for their opinions...

What would you change?
(Sorry the location is set, I'm sure everyone would prefer to have it in their back yard, lol)

More Events? Less?

Here's your chance to let fly, go for it! :yikes:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
put it back in Early/middle September! That way I can go for the whole week :)

other than that, just keep on keepin on

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
The "special" raffle rules for the flaggers was a great idea. More of that and better promotion of the benefit could help get more flaggers in the rotation.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Last year I got to ride with Malcolm in the woods. Malcolm also gave a turning lesson in the grass field. Good stuff.

Last year I got an impromptu jumping lesson from Gomer. Maybe the best 5 minutes I’ve ever spent on a bike. A lesson with lasting effects.

The year before that I went woods riding with some damn fast guys that showed me a thing or two too.

That same year my son took an MX riding lesson with someone (Nikki I think) on the kids track.

This is one of the best parts of DW. Riding with different people is always a good thing. Every year I go to Dirtweek I come home a better rider. Dirtweek is like riding camp for kids and adults alike. I’m sure that the fast guys get a lot out of riding with people like Malcolm Smith, Larry Roeseler, Guy Cooper, Kenny Bartram, Billy Who and Doug Dubach. Who knows who’ll show up this year!

So what would I like to see? I’d like to see a continuation (and more) of scheduled riding technique clinics.

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
evenslower said:
The "special" raffle rules for the flaggers was a great idea. More of that and better promotion of the benefit could help get more flaggers in the rotation.

I couldn't agree more...we always need flaggers out there on that track to keep everyone as safe as possible. I think it's great to offer up some incentive to get people to help, plus for me it gave me a good feeling of just being there to help the people that spend so much time putting this thing together for us year after year.

I just hope I can make it this year!!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
CaptainObvious said:
So what would I like to see? I’d like to see a continuation (and more) scheduled riding technique clinics.
Hit the trials class CO! Good stuff and it will help make you more comfortable with high pucker situations. :cool:

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Ok, I know there MUST be things on your mind, things that you always thought, "Hey... at Dirtweek 2K05... they should.... (fill in the blank)" Maybe its suggestions regarding the races (too many, not enough), daily schedules(too packed, not enough stuff to keep your busy), check in (long and boring or great opportunity to see me, Pokie and Shiftless?), or even activities you would like to see under the Big Top(like maybe a Meet and Greet for the first timers at DW).
Let us hear what you have to say, or forever hold your peace!!!
Chris

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
BEEF706 said:
how about a PA for back in the tent ghetto :) we had a hard time hearing sometimes, the schedule was much easier to follow last year, keep up the great stuff :boss:
Man...I'm trying to bring an FM transmitter from my local track this year to broadcast. Bad part is the club needs it the Sunday morning that I leave Cooperland. If anyone else has access to one I can for sure hook it up to the system, I think that'd be the best solution.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I want Kris to build his showers!! :nod:

Actually, I have a design done that I need to send him.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
I want Kris to build his showers!! :nod:

Actually, I have a design done that I need to send him.
:yeehaw:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Crispy said:
Ok,(like maybe a Meet and Greet for the first timers at DW).

I thought this was a good idea.

Or do us first timers have to wear a big sign around our necks that say "I smell noob"?
:ohmy: ;)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I was a first timer last year, I found being one of the first to arrive made it very easy to meet people. As a new arrival pulled in I'd just walk over at first opportunity and introduce myself. For whatever reason as the week went on and more folks arrived I either became a little more shy or a little lax in making the rounds and as a result missed out on the chance to meet some folks. The other easy approach is just go stand beside Tony Eeds in the Camp Tejas kitchen, you'll get to meet everyone then! :laugh:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I would be happy to volunteer for beer tub maintenance!

:)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Personally, I liked the year that me and Pred showed up. You should do more of that.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
thunder33 said:
Personally, I liked the year that me and Pred showed up. You should do more of that.

I liked that too. More t33 and pred!!

I think my only suggestion would be to myself, and that would be to make more time to walk around and make the "first timers" feel as welcome as I did the first year I attended.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
ok Okie, you asked for it!

1) Have the RV pump out on a certian day,at a certian time. ( I started to panic last year) knowing the day, and a time would be a big help.
2) Before you answer this with a "nope, no way" :coocoo: , think about it, somewhat assigned camping areas. RV,tent, RV, Tent, it would aide in helping out your neighbor, AND, make new friends. We made several last year by having this.......

3) Electric in the pits next year????

4) More night events. (I need to break my other collar bone!)

5) More kid events. riding and non-riding.

6) If the crowd is big enough, and second P.A. speaker would be a big plus.
7) Every morning, at the riders meeting, before we get down to the days business, Okie, Tell everyone to greet the person next to them. I got the impression from a couple of peope that they felt a little out of place...........

8) fuel on site would be great! LOL

All these are just some Ideas I had, other than that, WE LOVE THIS EVENT! :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Every one from Michigan had a great time

I think our only problem was getting water for the RV's. The last time we went the year before last the sewer dump truck worked out great. It seems every year that Brownie's well gets dried out and we are screwed. We drive the RV and pull a trailer so when we are set up it's a lot of effort to break camp and go find water in town. The PIG OUT at the end was nice because we can pack up, eat and say good bye.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good stuff, thanks for the input.

Quickly;
There is city water now at the front of the pits.
We will make the honey wagon folks give us a better time window this year.
Kris does have plans to put electric in the pits, may not be this year though (big $$)
Any suggestions for night events/kid's events?

More later.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okiewan said:

I liked the movie idea last year, even though I missed it because I "had" :nod: to cook for Malcolm. :cool:

Dust to Glory should be out by then.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Okiewan said:
Good stuff, thanks for the input.

More later.

Pit bike racing under the lights

Or Pit bike team hare scramble with night lights

Pit bike racing provides plenty of spectator excitment when most are done riding for the day. Drink beer and watch.

No kids ideas, I just don't act my age.

Top Bottom