NWKX250

Mar 17, 2005
Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to search it out with no luck. Yesterday we went up riding on some extremely tight, muddy, root and rock riddled trails. I have a 2001 KX250 that I just picked up last week. The bike got hot in a few spots and I was spewing a bit of radiator fluid. Got back down to camp and topped off with regular water as a temporary fix. Im going to drain the radiator to avoid deposit issues and pick up some silicant free fluid. I dont have a factory service manual, so, where do you normally drain the fluid from? Should I just pop the hose off from the water pump? Is there any other drain methods? This is my first two stroke bike in about 15 years, so forgive me if this is a dumbass question. Also, Im gonna be ordering a Steahly flywheel weight, probably the 9oz, fairly simple install?

NWKX250

Mar 17, 2005
Well, I answered my own question by trial. Small drain bolt on the water pump. Im gonna go pick up some new fluid monday, thinking of going with Engine Ice. Any good or bad comments on the product? I checked the Steahly web site as well, looks like the fly wheel weight is pretty straight forward.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
On the coolant there were some threads i read a few days ago. I use engine ice and love it. It seemed to make a big difference for me. Some say its not worth the money. If you have the money try it out yourself I think you will notice a difference. I read somewhere that you should flush the entire system before you make the swap though to realize its full benefits. I just bought a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store and flushed it out with that.

SlowMo'e

Jul 3, 2003
I put a Steahly flywheel weight on my cr250 a few years ago and it was a straightforward operation. They provide good instructions and even an allen wrench, if my memory serves me well.

Top Bottom