Oct 10, 2004
0-2/3 throttle there is no problem but load or no load If i crank the throttle on my bike wide open the engine dies and then sputters and possibly pings intermittantly. I did a search of fourm topics and I found only what I had origionaly thought was the problem (wrong jetting,crank seal leaking) The jetting is fine It improved slightly with a larger size main jet but it did not fix the problem. The bike does not seem to be eating tranny oil and I did not notice any oil in the left cover. However my bike backfired or poped once or twice adn there was smoke coming out of the left cover. I think the crank seal is the problem so I ordered a new one. The carb is ok as well I opened it up and checked it out it was clean. So besides the crank seal and possibly a timing issue is there anything i am missing

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Do you have a leakdown tester? I have a homebuilt one here if you need to borrow it. It works well. What size carb is on your bike?

Attachments

• Copy of dirty bike 026.jpg
    Copy of dirty bike 026.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 182

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I would definately suspect a leak somewhere (probably LH crank seal in your case).

Oct 10, 2004
I am going to take a real good look at it on saturday. speedfreak I have I belive a 30 mm mikuni carb.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I don't have a fitting to fit your carb rubber,but I'll see if I can find something that will work.I'll bring the tester with me saturday.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I forgot to mention we'll need a way to seal your exhaust port to do a leakdown test. Since I'm not familiar with your bike I'll let you take care of that part. I use something similar to a plumbing exspansion plug,sometimes called a test plug.It's basically a flat round piece of rubber sandwiched between two large washers with a bolt in the middle.When you tighten the bolt it causes the rubber to push outwards and seal against the port wall. Home depot sells them in different sizes.

Top Bottom