Oct 10, 2004
0-2/3 throttle there is no problem but load or no load If i crank the throttle on my bike wide open the engine dies and then sputters and possibly pings intermittantly. I did a search of fourm topics and I found only what I had origionaly thought was the problem (wrong jetting,crank seal leaking) The jetting is fine It improved slightly with a larger size main jet but it did not fix the problem. The bike does not seem to be eating tranny oil and I did not notice any oil in the left cover. However my bike backfired or poped once or twice adn there was smoke coming out of the left cover. I think the crank seal is the problem so I ordered a new one. The carb is ok as well I opened it up and checked it out it was clean. So besides the crank seal and possibly a timing issue is there anything i am missing

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Do you have a leakdown tester? I have a homebuilt one here if you need to borrow it. It works well. What size carb is on your bike?

Attachments

• Copy of dirty bike 026.jpg
    Copy of dirty bike 026.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 182

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I would definately suspect a leak somewhere (probably LH crank seal in your case).

Oct 10, 2004
I am going to take a real good look at it on saturday. speedfreak I have I belive a 30 mm mikuni carb.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I don't have a fitting to fit your carb rubber,but I'll see if I can find something that will work.I'll bring the tester with me saturday.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I forgot to mention we'll need a way to seal your exhaust port to do a leakdown test. Since I'm not familiar with your bike I'll let you take care of that part. I use something similar to a plumbing exspansion plug,sometimes called a test plug.It's basically a flat round piece of rubber sandwiched between two large washers with a bolt in the middle.When you tighten the bolt it causes the rubber to push outwards and seal against the port wall. Home depot sells them in different sizes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom