bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Follwing MXdudes good idea, lets do a DRN des Nations.

When: some weekend in July

Where: MXDN track at new comp park (directions to follow as required)

Emphasis: Have lots of fun

We need:

1. A good turn out, especially from us foreigners! (2nd and 3rd generations will work, if you ride a KTM you can even ride as an austrian if you want, get the idea?)

2. TV crew, how about it JP, LT?

Lets throw some dates around and see what we can come up with.

Thanks

Bruce

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Sounds good to me !

How about either the 13th or the 20th ? This should give everyone time enough time to plan. I'll start working on the kitchen pass !

Maybe if we don't get enough of them foriegners we can do a 4-stroke vs 2-smoke (again ?). I'd like to try and give Elk and his Slowzuki a taste of 4-stroke roost :p

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'll see if I can find a Canadian flag to tape to (the back) of my chest protector. This won't be, " I have to pace myself because it's a 2 hour enduro" kind of ride. :)

I could probably make it this coming Sunday.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sounds like fun, not sure how free I am in the upcoming weeks but I'm in if I'm free.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Holeshot; i hope to be there this sunday so look me up, red tacoma 4x4 with a yz250. let me know what time you are thinking of going. the real 'event' will be in a few more weeks, a weekend sometime mid july, we will throw some dates around and then take it from there.

JP, cool! kiwi, hope you can make it, it will be nice to see those open class beasts in action :eek:

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
I believe Billy Who should have the 2nd spot on the DRN Team USA Des Nations......that's if he's not spankin' the over 30/40 group somewhere else of course :D

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Anyone still up for a Comp Park "practice for DRN MXDN" ride Sunday morning? I want to be there at 9 AM to beat the heat.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
holeshot:

see you there tommorow, i will be in a red tacoma with a yz250. bill purcell is comming also.

i think i will get there arounf 10 am.....see you there!

bruce

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Eel, cool, but do you realise you will need to paint your bike Irish green!

So what about saturday 13th? I am thinkin the afternoon would be best since the tracks are a bit mushy in the morning and it begins to cool of later on....

let me know what ya thinks peeps!

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
The 13th sounds good to me.....but I was thinking that the morning would be better before it gets too hot and dusty. Either way, let me know. I'm guessing it will be about a 2 hr. drive from my house, so c'mon guys...the more the merrier :D

Hope everyone can make....even the Elk Meister :debil:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Dude, i understand your point about the morning, from my experience there i think the afternoon will work in our favour. On sunday i got there at 9:30 am and it was already very hot, but it didnt get that much hotter after then (at least i didnt think so, but that could have been heat exhaustion kicking in!). But the main track was very mushy early on (i think they graded? it the night before) and it started to get really good around lunch....they water accordingly also. Thus, if we get there not long after noon the track should be good and we can look forward to it getting cooler as the day goes on. (it also means we dont have to get our sorry a$$es out of bed too early!)whatever we decide on, i will be happy as long as i get to ride!

My tips for the day are:

1. bring plently of fluid

2. have lots of fun

3. Dont go for a "all you can eat" Japanese buffet, and stay up late drinking beer and watching movies the night before. (i paid the consequences!)

later

:)

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Bruce,

I'm still in.

Either this weekend or next is good for me. Around noon time sounds good since it seems that the track is pretty sloppy before that. Anyone have an EZ-Up for shade ?

Anyone else ??????

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
cool...dude! ill see ya there this coming saturday (7-13) at around noon.

as for the ezup, i looked into it but i cant get one since i have noware to store anything! hopefully i can convince Bill P to come, since he has one.

bring plenty of liquid!

later

bruce

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry guys, I'm off trailriding and camping with my almost daughter for her birthday.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom