Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Sad to report that a good friend of mine died while riding yesterday.

OldTimer was his screen name. He was 45.

Apparently he stopped riding because he didn't feel well and had a massive heart attack.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Oh man :( that is really bad. I will pray for his family. That must have been a really scary situation for you and everyone riding with him.

My prayers are with you all.

CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
Sorry to hear about that. 45 is not the "Oldtimer". Did he have a wife and kids? Really makes you think.

If you know any of his family or friends, give them my condolensces.

Dave

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Aw geez -- that's awful. :(

I think we can all (us post 40 types) learn from this, and not overpush ourselves.

Condolences to friends and family. I personally will miss his presence here.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I was not riding with him.

He has a 21 yo daughter and a 17yo son that rides with him evey weekend.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Dang. :(

But, if you're gonna go, at least go when doing what you love.

My thoughts are with his family.

:(

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Words can't express

So sorry to hear the news. My prayers got out to the family and friends.

JOE13

Nov 15, 1999
That was my first harescramble yesterday. I remember seeing the DRN sticker on his rear fender right before the race started. When I was on my 5th lap I saw him collapsed next to his bike lifeless in the woods. I tryed talking to him. Then another rider came over a few minutes later and we stayed with him for a while continueing to try to talk to him. Then, another rider came and went and got help. A bunch of us helped the paramedics with the medical supplies and did everything we could do to help. We carryed him to the Ambulance and he died shortly after. It had to be one of the most helpless fealings when I was there with him alone. I must say that, atleast he died doing what he loved.

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and everyone he touched.

God be with him on his next ride to the heavens.

-jeffd

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That’s terrible :( Especially at such a good time in his life. He was at the age that we start to enjoy all of our hard work. My heart goes out to his family.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
it's definatley our loss,all that survive him. i hope this is not inappropriate, but i watched things to do in denver while you're dead. at the end, andy garcias' character turns around and is gunned down. all you hear is the gunshots and the screen goes blank, then in fades some lively salsa music, and then you see andi garcia and all his (dead) buddies on a nice open water deep sea fishing boat, living thier dream,having "boat drinks"..maybe the last thing mark heard was a throttle rev a bit, everything went black, and then in fades his happy spot, so maybe he's still running,and winning,hare scrambles right now. i think so.:)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:( :( :( :( :(

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:( Sorry.

Top Bottom