DRN member needs your thoughts and prayers

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I talked with Scott. He's on his way to Asheville to see Mark. I was confused, I was thinking of someone else. I've ridden with Mark many times. 7 or 8 years ago we used to go down to their track near Holly Hill to ride.

Mark was riding his old RMX at Parson's Mountain when we got together last year for a group ride. He also came and rode with us at TNT last year. He's tough and in great shape. If anyone can make the best of this, it'll be him.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
He's in our thoughts and prayers as well.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Scott will be passing this along to Mark later, either with a laptop at the hospital or by printing out the thread. All of your comments and thoughts will be appreciated.

MREED

Feb 16, 2003
I spoke with Scott at 5:30 this evening and he is waiting to hear back from the family to see how his surgry went. He said he would call me as soon as he heard any info.

I have known Mark for only three months. He is a super great guy. He and stump came up to my house and spent the night Saturday and we went to the race together yesterday. This is realy hard for me. We sat up the night before and played viedo games shot the bull. It doesn't seem real. I hope he has a full recovery and we can ride again. Mack

MREED

Feb 16, 2003
Carp824
If you would send me a email mtereed@aol.com I would like to talk to you about the wreck. (see what you saw ect.) Thanks Mack

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
:( I hate reading posts like this. I wish Mark a fast and full recovery. Get well soon.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
As of 9:45 pm the surgeon was speaking with Mark’s family after 9 hours of surgery. I’m still waiting on a call from Stumpy with some news.

As usual, you folks are an awesome support mechanism. Mack and Gomer thanks for all the calls!

4EverOrange,
I'll post that info shortly. Thank you.

Last edited:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I'd like to say you've been great at keeping us updated, this helps make Mark a "real person" to those of us who haven't met him. Fingers crossed it all went well in surgery & that the paralysis is temporary.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Good news late last night.

Yesterday prior to surgery Mark was unable to voluntarily move his arms below his shoulders and he had no feeling below his chest. Last night he reached up on his own and tried to pull the intubation (sp?) tube from his mouth. Although still heavily drugged, he said he felt very uncomfortable and that his hips hurt because they were not lying even on the bed. Sure enough, his weight was mostly on his left hip and once adjusted he said it felt better.

VERY positive signs as compared to pre-op and we are very hopeful that he continues to improve. He has a tough road ahead, but with our collective prayers and support he’ll make it. As Gomer said, Mark is physically strong and in great shape. His determination and mental state has always been one of his greatest assets. If anyone can beat this, he can.

Michelle,
Thanks for the kind words. Mark is one of those folks everyone likes to be around. He’s quite, unassuming, very intelligent and a friend that can always be counted on. As a rider he’s very fast on the track or in the trails. Yet he’s not cocky about his skills. He loves riding with spodes like me as well as the fast “A” guys like Mack. He’s an all around solid person and a great guy.

Thanks again to everyone!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
That is good News and we hope and pray for full feeling to return to the rest of his body.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
encouraging news indeed. Best wishes for a quick and full recovery from the SMB crew

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Scott, that's fantastic news - definitely cheers the thread up :)

Did you see the post asking for an address to send cards to?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
We’ve been hesitant to post the address as the doctors have been talking about transferring Mark to the Shepard Center in Atlanta and we are not sure when. Until Mark gets settled at a longer term address we decided to have the cards sent to our addresses and will deliver them to Mark. Please send an email to bscottr@mindspring.com or stumpdoggydog@hotmail.com or PM Gomer and we will send you the address. If you've already asked for the address I sent an email or PM to you. If you didn't receive it please let me know. Thank you in advance for all the encouragement for Mark!

Update on Mark’s condition:
Even though Mark is facing a tough battle he’s ready to get to work. This morning the physical therapist came in to speak to him about scheduling his therapy. They said to just let them know when he’s ready to start. His response, “How about now!” :worship:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
He seems like one tough dude. I guess the surgery went well? Does he have any feeling in his legs at all?

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Times like these are when we need to gather and pray. PLEASE keep us updated on his condition and attitude. seems like this man has a mission to heal already!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom