MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay many months ago I got some of the DSP carbon fiber works style gaurds for my YZ. The right gaurd (non brake side) was fine. But I had alot of troubles with the brake side on the left. At first when bolted down normally it would lean in a rub on the fork tube. In the event of a minor crash it caught on the knobbies this was a low speed lay over it broke a small piece out of it big deal. I put in a washer behind the bolt and it gave it enough clearance from rubbing the fork tube. Well out ridding it got caught between it like some dirt or a rock not sure but it pushed out the gaurd forward alittle bit and it cracked right up from the inner mounting bolt about half an inch only in this area. The disc gaurd has been great, but the fork gaurds are a waste! I'm pretty disapointed they was ruined so qwickly the plastic gaurds are back on there now. I'm sure everyone will say I told ya so, the biggest flaw in the design is the edges are flimsy and in the middle were it bends its very strong. I don't know if the normal style YZ gaurds would of worked better.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You bought CF fork guards?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
yes I did they just looked so kewl and so did everyone else out at the track I think it what got me my first holeshot everyone was to busy checking them out to notice the gate ;)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
I just got some for my 450, haven't put them on yet, but will post back with my thoughts as well. I ripped my stocker off in a little get off, or actually someone was kind enough to rip them off with their front wheel :|

Top Bottom