93YZproject

Sep 14, 2007
I have just bought a used 2006 Yamaha TTR 230V with and electric start.
I had the bike out last weekend and it ran great. At one point I stalled it and when I tried to start it again It would not roll the starter over. I coast started it and rode it home, turned it off and tried it again and it started. That was the last time the starter worked. I have bought a Deltran Battery Tender Junior charger, and have charged the battery as the instructions said. I have also replaced and checked all of the fuses and they seemed to be in good condition. The electric start will still not work. My red ignition light comes on but when I press the starter button It does nothing. Does anybody have any idea on what could be wrong or were to troubleshoot next?

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
could be the starter motor too.
But i would double check the wiring and conenctor.Sometime enough voltage get at the power consumption apparel(starter motor) but there is not enough current to power it.

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
does it make any sounds at all? if its not getting enough current it would usually make a buzzing or clicking sound or some form to show its trying. when you stalled it did you fall or at anypart of a trip did you drop the bike while in your owner ship? maybe you knocked a switch wire loose? that would explain the motor not trying and maybe when you started it the last time it was in a position that allowed the possibly loose connection to make contact? i would check your starter switch and the motor connections. also try running a multimeter from the two contact points were the motor gets power and while pressing the starter see if the multimeter gets any reading. if the motor is geting power but not cranking you may need a new motor, i dont thing those electric start motors are rebuildable( the motor not the engine)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom