Enough already!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ok people, it's been 30 days since Christmas. Please go home and take down your Christmas lights!
Yes, take them down. Don't just turn them off and leave them up the rest of the year, but take them down and put them away!

Why is it that the people that are so eager to put them up, are the last ones to take them down? Sheesh. How long does this holiday last, anyway? :silly:

Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Lori, you don't understand....first you wait until the last minute to put them up, yes, that's right. You never hang the lights on a nice warm day in Novemeber, you wait until the roof is nice and slippery and it's snowing like crazy and then, and only then you hang the lights.

When the x-mas lights season is over you wait a few more days to unplug them ( I recommend February). That's just common sense!
To take them down can wait until September or so.
That way, when it's time to hang the lights again in December you'll remember how you hung them up the year before and don't have to put too much thought into it.
C'mon Lori, get with the program, will ya?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Geeeze Lori, I finally took down my 1999 Christmas lights this past spring. And now you want me to squish the whole process down into a 30 day format?;) :) I think not!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I didn't get any put up this year :ugg:
So, yea, mine are down already.

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
I didn't put them up because I didn't want to have to take them down. I think I am reverting back to my teenage years --- "Why do I have to make my bed when I'm just going to sleep in it again."

dix

Nov 24, 2001
I'm considering decorating my house in full x-mas fashion in about the middle of july, just to see the reaction from my neighbors.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by Farmer John
I suppose you think I should take the jack-o-lanters off the front step as well.
Why move it? Won't it just melt into the bale of hay it's sitting on?:confused:

mxracer724

Oct 6, 2001
Originally posted by moO_coW

"Why do I have to make my bed when I'm just going to sleep in it again." Why does this logic not work?

I would ask the same thing, but this logic does work for me:confused:. Except with my clothes. I know I am going to wear them again in a few days, but my mom says it's not good for my hygiene:silly:. So under most circumstances this does work for me, but I'm only 15. From what I hear when you get married you usually are forced to change your logic :ugg:.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
From what I hear when you get married you usually are forced to change your logic .
Change it?!:mad: Not changed, disposed of. From what I've learned so far logic needs to be thrown as far away from married life as is possible. :(

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Papakeith, it's just different logic, that's all. You know, female logic. Uh, waitaminute, that sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? :ugg:

Hmm. Judging from the responses, this delayed-Christmas-light-syndrome seems to primarily afflict males. I have no cause for gripe this year, we didn't put up lights or a tree. We weren't going to be in town during the holiday, so why bother?

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
My husband has enlightened me as to marriage logic: He tells me that men find a woman they like and hope they don't change, but they do; women find a man that they like and hope they will change, but they don't.

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
I don't know why, but it seems that i put alllll the lights up on the roof, down the walkway then after christmas, i take them all down. My sister helps when i'm at the peak of the roof, because i'm afraid of heights. Like they say, the higher you are, the harder you fall.:eek:
The only reason i think why we bother with the lights is because of that competition thing going on with the rest of your neighbors. Your house has to be the best of the best. Though i wouldn't mind why i'm the only one motivated to do it. "Its too much work." . . . . . I agree.:confused:

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
I suppose you think I should take the jack-o-lanters off the front step as well.

Farmer John; true story;

I have a round butane tank "four-footer" painted orange and cut out as a jack-o-lantern. Really cool. This year instead of rolling it off into the bushes, I just left it out and put Christmas lights on it. So by Easter, both the jack-o-lantern and the lights should be put away!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've got two neighbors that have left their lights up. Thing is, they are still lighting them.

:think .....

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
What about my christmas tree.... do you want me to cut it up & dispose of it, or can I just leave it parked by the driveway until all the needles fall off? After that, you'll hardly notice it!:o

Billy Ed

Oct 16, 2001
The live trees these days are often "painted" to stay greener. If you poke a hole in the ground in the front yard, the tree trunk will fit nicely and the tree will stay green until the needles fall off. Good at least until Valentines day!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by Jaybird
I've got two neighbors that have left their lights up. Thing is, they are still lighting them.

:think .....

Well, yeah! It just tain't the same all bundled up out on the couch on the front porch without them lights on. Sheez!:p

LVMarc

Oct 11, 2001
My neighbors leave their christmas lights up year round so that they can work on their quads at night!

wwoooeeee!

can I have another beer?

--marc

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom