mox69

Mar 26, 2007
Anyone ever try a product called "Chamber Seal?"

The orginal o-ring on my CR250's exhaust flange is long gone. It was leaking exhaust pretty good out of the place where the exhaust port meets the pipe. I pulled everything apart and found the remnants of RTV silicone. The dealer wants 8.50 for the rubber O-ring. I have an aftermarket pipe so I'm not even sure the stock O-ring will work.

After reading about this Chamber Seal stuff I kinda want to try it out. Anyone have any experience with it, particularly using it at the very beginning of the pipe?

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
I used exhaust joint sealent cement and it seems to work. I would try High Temp Silicone bacause of its flexibility. some cements harden really hard and eventually after excessive oil and vibration pieces flake off.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Buy a couple of o-rings from your local auto parts store that fit in the groove. You want to buy the ones that you really have to work to install otherwise the outside diameter of the o-rings when installed will be too large to fit the exhaust flange on the cylinder. If you do end up with the o-ring O.D. being slightly too large, you can use a piece of 180 grit emery cloth and slowly remove some of the rubber material from the o-ring. I generally use this procedure of slightly too large and custom fit with emery cloth. It is kind of a pain in the AZZ doing it this way and requires some patience but I enjoy not having to clean spooge off of my frame, pipe and backside of the front fender after every ride. Never used the chamber seal. Hope I was of some help. Good day...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom