Fall Ride 2023 - Would like to revive the Damn Yankee Dirt Rider group

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It’s about 2000 acres of trails. Dan help to cut a lot of the single track so as usual, he’s a really good guide!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hey Dave, I think you need to come down next week for a night ride.

Trails.jpg

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I can barely keep it on two wheels in the daylight and you want me to ride in the dark!!!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The night ride is on the 29th, so its the same weekend. They will probably have another the end of August though.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well. I broke my hand and bruised some ribs in a crash this past Tuesday so I'm out for 4-6 weeks. It's a triquetral fracture so it's not bad. The ribs hurt a lot more than my hand!

Last edited:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Haven't you learned with all your years of life experiences, you aren't supposed to crash. But I guess karma was bound to come around after you posted a video of Steve and his "crash". So who has the video of your crash?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I just have a video from my perspective. Everything's was going fine and then just the sky and then the dirt.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sorry the 28th is the only free weekend I have. We can do something next year. I saw your post on the Stark Varg demo ride. There was no date so I wasn't sure. It actually got me thinking to see if you were free to ride with us.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Dave is only allowed out of the house 1 day a year.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Pretty good! The weather was great in the morning but rained pretty hard during the afternoon. It was Dan, myself and a friend of Dan's so we moved along pretty well. Got 23 miles in on some super rocky trails, nasty muddy single track and some fast flowy quad trails. I had to stand up a lot more than my knees would have liked but it wasn't too bad.

Dan and I both fell down and christened our new bikes (mine had 4 hours on it and Dan's and less than 3). Just tip overs so no harm done except to the 'ole ego! I was pretty beat up by the end of the day and Dan didn't waste anytime with the old man jokes. Funny part is that he texted me the next day apologizing for the old man jokes since he was a bit lame the next day! I could barely move and my thighs are still tender!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You left out the part about your brand new bike falling apart while we were stopped taking a break. And the part about somebody getting a blister on their hand, which I blame on not riding enough.

So, when are we doing it again?

Top Bottom