fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Moose Racing is on board again to support the Family Enduro Series. Just received trail markers, banners, 2006 catalogs, and stickers.
We will have four events this year..
April 29th Kalkaska/Leetsville Arbor Day Weekend
June 10th Kalkaska (different location)
July 15th Moorestown - Pine Cone
July 29th Marquette - MIni Moose

I look forward to seeing you at the races!

Mike

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Cool! Mark and I will be doing it again this year! I sure have fun riding these with Mark.

BTW - will any of the events have the 18 mph sections or only the Spring Pine Cone and Mini Moose?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KTMMIke - yes, we received postiive feedback using the speed changes last year and will use them again this year.
BT - this series is a chance to introduce trail riders to the enduro event. Most of the participants are younger than 16, but the largest class were guys older than 16 who were new to enduros and preferred the slower pace (12/18 mph vs. 24 mph). Typically, these events are on Saturday and the District enduro is on Sunday. We try to make the timekeeping easy and prohibit the use of computers.
I view the FES as contributing to the future of the enduro events. It is cool to watch someone graduate from the FES to the District events (like RedGreen). Other comments?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks Mike - we had fun with the speed change last year - made it more of a challenge for Mark.

Tig - these are a blast to ride with your kid. I really enjoy the chance to ride WITH my son when he does these - much more satisifying that sticking him out on a moto track and sitting on the sidelines watching him ride. You get to ride along with and help them out with time keeping etc. Sounds corney, but it is super "quality time" in my book. I also have leared more about time keeping myself as a result - (not that I really ever need to worry about it!)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Mike, If you need help, sign me up. Let me know when and where. Working an Enduro is good stuff.

We'll need some help in kasky. The first one needs to happen quick as the snow leaves about 2 weeks before the race. Thanks!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TC - you are on my list. We have used Leetsville the last couple of years. So mileage and check placement is not too difficult, but we do need to get the trail marked. We always need help with road crossings and check crews.

Anyone who would like to help is welcome! Rounds 2, 3 & 4 are all on a Saturday before the District race on Sunday. If you can come to these events a day early, we can put you to work. Even if you have ridden enduros for years, you learn a different perspective when you determine where to put a check and work on the crew.

Round 1 will be Arbor Day weekend. So we will be working with the DNR to plant trees. If you can not make it to Kalkaska on Friday, consider sticking around on Sunday to help plant trees. From a political stnadpoint, the tree planting last year created A LOT of goodwill with the DNR.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike-
Count on The Marsh team again for both Kalkaska races. The "Race Nazi" says include her for the second one she will be out of town for the first one.
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Mike, I can help also - day of or the week before to mark course. My youngest son Caleb 7 is going to hit these enduro's :aj: but wants his big brother Cody to ride along with him instead of me.....Caleb say's I'm WAY to fast for him and that Cody's slower riding style is better suited! lol

DW
616-293-5540

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
SNDMN2 - it may be easier to do a search of DRN for family enduro series. Most of the recent posts relate to the Michigan series and provide some good information.
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Just a heads up.....another family event may be added to the series. I have been talking to Jeff Fredette and his clubs wants to have an event this year. They are still working on the details...insurance, trophies, etc.... Do not add it to the schedule yet, but be aware that we may have five events this year.

Top Bottom