MX86

Dec 27, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Seen a good one,went like: Motocross because basketball, football, soccer, baseball and golf only use one ball!

Basketball, baseball, soccer, football, tennis, and golf only takes 1 ball. Motocross takes 2

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
"You boys wanna fish, bait up!"

Well it was said by a famous dirt biker.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Stolen from my son
10 Reasons To Date A Motocrosser
1: They have strong fingers
2: They always know when to slow down and speed up
3: They have tremendous stamina and endurance
4: They always wear proper protection
5: They have the fastest 'lap' times
6: They know how to work their tools
7: They Love getting dirty
8: The harder and faster they go the better.
9: They know how to work around tight areas with ease
10: They're always practicing so they can become better

"Motocross is not a thing that we do to be popular, make money, or get the girls, but it is something that we do for the love of being on a dirt bike. Those who have never woke up at six in the morning to go get ready for practice just dont understand. The countless hours all of us put in to this sport is not because we want to be famous, but because we love it. You will never have a bigger addrenaline rush than lining up at the gate with 40 riders next to you, all wanting the same thing, to win. We all know the risks we are about to take when we ride, but that's what makes the sport so great. If there weren't any risks involved, anyone could be a pro. It is not catching a football or hitting a ball with a bat, it is way beyond that. Motocross is not just a sport, ITS A WAY OF LIFE. Live to ride, ride to live tomorrow... and that is just how it is."

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
My friend couldn't start his XR, It was a cold day in JANUARY.
Does It have gas?
Yup
Is the air filter clean?
Not sure, bit I cleaned it in September.

Hell some one i know can't start one in warm weather but no names.....

Oldguy, Your signature line is the best. Motocross doesn't "build" character, it reveals it!

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
Wow... over 4years and this thread is still kickin.

Saw this on a Marine recruiting poster.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

or

My kid has a t-shirt... it says "My Dad is faster than your Dad"... I love that shirt. :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
thorman75 said:
OK now I get to say it "What is a macio?
HeHeHe :rotfl:
Little known and very tasteless Mexican food that is touted to cure Montezumas revenge :whoa:
Or is it that kid that starred in that one show on TV a few years back

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
These come from another site I haunt. :)

Old Tag line- "Those who demand respect are often the least deserving of it"

New Tag line- "One of the saddest sounds in Motorsports is the noise the driveline makes as you slowly coast to a stop."

I wrote a "10 Reasons why Dirt Bikes are better than Women" back in the early 90's but I can't find it. Would have made a killer T-shirt. I'll have to put my memory hat on this weekend!

Surely the Ladies' here can come up with "10 Reasons Dirt Bikes are better than Men"

I do recall the first was;

"If you press the red button, your dirt bike will stop making noise! :) .

Last edited:

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
wirefryer#85 said:
These come from another site I haunt. :)

Old Tag line- "Those who demand respect are often the least deserving of it"

New Tag line- "One of the saddest sounds in Motorsports is the noise the driveline makes as you slowly coast to a stop."

I wrote a "10 Reasons why Dirt Bikes are better than Women" back in the early 90's but I can't find it. Would have made a killer T-shirt. I'll have to put my memory hat on this weekend!

Surely the Ladies' here can come up with "10 Reasons Dirt Bikes are better than Men"

I do recall the first was;

"If you press the red button, your dirt bike will stop making noise! :) .

try to remember please I just need to know it sounds great

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
trailqueen said:
Can't you think of anything better to do with your brain?

Most of my alledged brain has been lost due to rapid deacceleration problems :) .

I mean no disrespect to the female of the species but was referring to the " non-riding girlfriend" back then.

A Female rider was a novelty at the time. And "Ten reasons...This, is better than That, lists " where very popular in the 90's

Matt 193,

I recall most of them, but nope, no humor on this thread.

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
trailqueen said:
My post didn't come out sounding right. I didn't interpret your post as disrespectful and thanks for responding intelligently

No Biggie! This medium we use to inform and annoy eachother doesn't allow alot of inflection. :(

You and your Husband can glance at eachother, not speak at all, and a couple of thousand words typed wouldn't begin to cover what was actually communicated, just like many of us and our wives and I personally think it takes about five years of good and bad to get to that point.

Does this mean that I can post my list? ( Sorry I couldn't stand it :) )

Tim

trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
Does this mean that I can post my list? ( Sorry I couldn't stand it )
haha lol!
So, you found it or you're making a new one? I'm sure everyone will enjoy reading it and those who don't can move on to another thread.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Motocross is a contact sport, see you in the first corner!

Top Bottom