Firemen raising the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Did you guys hear about the stink that's being put up regarding the statue based on the photo of the fire fighters that were raising the flag pole following 9-11. Apparently, the statue that was made to honor them and the fire fighters that died needs to include an African-American and a Hispanic to be politically correct, and to properly represent the minorities that risked their lives as well. Why don't we change the faces of the Marines that raised the flag in Japan during WW2 while were at it. It surely wasn't all whites that fought in that war!! What a load of crap! Who cares what nationality or color those guys were? Should we alter the real moment in history to reflect some retarded views of the so-called politically correct?

B

biglou

Actually, the man at the base of the flagpole raised by the Marines on Mt. Sarubachi (sp?) was a Native American named Ira Hayes.
FWIW-This topic came up a couple days ago in the "Completely Off Topic" forum.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Call.....him.....drunken Ira Hayes, he won't answer anymore. Not the whiskey drinkin' Indian, or the Marine that went to war. Johnny Cash

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dix, you beat me to it. That poor ol' Pima Indian. :(

And I gotta agree that if there's a sculpture, it represents the men that raised the flag.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Re: Re: Firemen raising the flag

Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
Apparently African Americans and Hispanics.
More likely the ACLU, the Rainbow Coalition and any number of the other left-wing, liberal, politically-correct organization.

Hell, let's just put Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton's faces on that statue. :scream:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Dix, you should have seen my jaw drop before I realized you were quoting Johnny. I was instantly preparing to tear you apart.:confused:

Little quick to the gun this morning I guess.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Re: Re: Re: Firemen raising the flag

Originally posted by WoodsRider

Hell, let's just put Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton's faces on that statue. :scream:
Good, we’d have a place for the pigeons to roost.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Re: Re: Re: Re: Firemen raising the flag

Good, we’d have a place for the pigeons to roost.
Pidgeons wouldn't be the only ones to cover those two with feces. :debil:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I heard that the Newpaper that holds the copyright on the photo refuses to license any modification to the likeness of the flag raising.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Latest news.....

After hearing the news today, I dont think the statue will ever be put up. And even if it does, someone, (likely a Fireman) will knock it down. There are sooo many people against it, its ridiculous. Dont expect it to go through.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I posted this in the GF awhile ago just to get everyones opinions on altering a historic piece of artwork.( ie: the photograph ) and it turned into a bash-fest :p, I see it's headed there again, if it was Sharpton,Jackson and OJ that was photographed raising the flag ,then by all means sculpted in their image , but it's not so leave it the flock alone:mad:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Re: Re: Firemen raising the flag

Apparently African Americans and Hispanics.

Not from what I've read and heard.

Last edited:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Not from what I've read and heard.
My sentiments exactly. The thing you have to understand about goons like Sharpton and Jackson is that they profit by useing the race card. These guys thrive by creating annomosity between people, pure and simple.

Last edited:

Budda

May 24, 2000
What's wrong with our country that we can't even put up a statue to honor the firefighters, police, and victims of 9/11? Makes me want to get away from 'civilization'.
I shudder to think where this country will be in 10 to 20 years.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Tell these guys about the George Washington portrait bwalker! They outta really love that one.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by Budda
I shudder to think where this country will be in 10 to 20 years.

same diversity,same mentality, just white washed over with political correctness

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by Budda
What's wrong with our country that we can't even put up a statue to honor the firefighters, police, and victims of 9/11?

You want a symbol to honor the victims ?, then create one, don't alter the facts and history

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
My sentiments exactly. The thing you have to understand about goons like Sharpton and Jackson is that the profit by useing the race card. These guys thrive by creating annomosity between people, pure and simple.
You..my friend,hit the nail on the head.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Tell these guys about the George Washington portrait bwalker! They outta really love that one.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,43312,00.html
The Brooklyn city hall is taking down its very old portrait of George washington down because " it is a picture of a old, dead white guy". This is according to the Detroit Free Press. The person who made the comment was the Brooklyn borough president.

Last edited:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
You..my friend,hit the nail on the head.
Where would the rainbow coalition be if ol JJ wasnt stirring the pot non stop? How would the poor guy get the money to provide huge severance packages to employees he happened to impregnate?

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
The Words Of Jesse Jackson

This is a simple case of parasites picking up apples from a tree they didn't have to shake. This was on another issue his involved with, but kind of fits here I think

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom