Which bike?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jkstiller

Nov 26, 2006
Ok im switch from quads to bikes...ive been riding quads for 5 years first i had a blaster, then got a 660 raptor. Im selling my quad and getting a bike i want either a yamaha (yz) 125, or a kawasaki (kx) 125. Im 5'7 145 pounds soo which do you say i should get? I ride my friends yz 125 and i love it thats mostly why im getting a bike and i sometimes will ride my dads yz 250 but i don't want one cuase i don't want to kill myself im still to small??!?! any help is greatly appresiated!!!!! thanks!!! :nod:

blmmx

Aug 10, 2006
KX 125 has absolutely no low-end power
YZ 125 has decent low-end power
I'd get the yz, when I had a Kx I would have a friend ride it so I could ride his YZ

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
blmmx said:
KX 125 has absolutely no low-end power
YZ 125 has decent low-end power
I'd get the yz, when I had a Kx I would have a friend ride it so I could ride his YZ

all bikes are different. i own a 2000 KX125 and it hauls everywhere, particually on top because i have a Pro Circuit pipe and silencer designed for more top-end. i put Boyesen power reeds in which helped a lot on bottom. also, my friends owns a 2004 KX125 that has a ton of low end. one of my friends( 17 y/o, been riding for years) rode his bike and compared its low-end torque to one of his friends 06' RMZ250!! you can completely change the power output by installing the right pipe/silencer and jetting.

jkstiller

Nov 26, 2006
elcamino12sec said:
Why not a 250? Not too much more money and if your use to a large displacement quad you may not be happy with the 125 after 6 months.

yeah ill have to see what dad says maybe he will let me get a 250 i ride his ok and the newer yz 125 and 250 are bout the same seat height...thanks for the suggestions

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Get what bike you can get the best deal on. The kid had a 01 KX125, bike worked great, was never at a loss for power and I think helped him become a better rider :cool: :ride:

Wrekt-1

Oct 27, 2006
i think everyone gets the height difference point. They are the same +/- an inch. That's being very safe. Also depends used or new, if any changes have been made or if it was beat on and not cared for. I have a ton of Kawi background, but do like teh YZ's. Your background similar to mine, try to stick a 250, it'll have more of the bottom end you're used to, and as stated, you really won't outgrow.

Top Bottom