Fitting Over Sized Bars on Your KDX

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Braap Wrote:
I want to switch to Pro Taper bars but can't decide or actually find a good clamp setup. I seen a previous post where you were using an Applied clamp I believe. I can't seem to figure out which one will work on my 01 KDX. I'd like to keep the rubber mount with solid clamp across top to prevent twisting. Of course I don't want the universal clamp kit. Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

I'm sure others have the same question so I'll post my answer here so others can see the response.

I checked out the Applied home page and these are the bar clamps I have here.

They are called D-bolt bar mounts. I used a set 10mm taller than standard to raise the bars up and a set of stiffer rubber bushings. They also sell clamps with an additional 5mm rise or a standard rise bar clamp. I used the standard top half of the camps (not one piece) and never had a problem with bars twisting in the camps. I'm sure they sell a one piece top clamp that will fit as will many other manufactures like Emig Racing etc.

I hope that helps,

David

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I just thought of something else. What do others use to mount your stock ODO to the new bar clamps? Or are the bolts long enough to use the ODO with these Applied clapms?

Top Bottom