Fix for '00 CR snapped/frozen chain adjusters

Jun 6, 2008
I recently bought a 2000 Honda CR. the chain adjuster bolts in the swingarm are toast and can not be removed. One was snapped off, and the other is frozen and wont free up with all the heat and liq. wrench in the world.

I know this has got to be common. There has to be a fix for this as its a bad design to begin with. Theres got to be a different type of adjuster that can be retrofitted....Any ideas on where to point me to?

thanks,

EDIT:::
FOUND! swingarm buddy: Tel: 732-269-8907
Fax: 732-269-8908

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
colbyc28 said:
Coat with anti-sieze.
Not sure if this is common with other people but every time I coat something with anti-seize it usually falls out on the trail and back to the hardware store I go! :ohmy:

colbyc28

Dec 1, 2006
mmz77 said:
Not sure if this is common with other people but every time I coat something with anti-seize it usually falls out on the trail and back to the hardware store I go! :ohmy:

True... I forgot to mention to use lock washers along with that....

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm having a hard time figuring out how the chain adjuster bolts would fall out. :whoa:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
_JOE_ said:
I'm having a hard time figuring out how the chain adjuster bolts would fall out. :whoa:
If the bolt is between the axle and swingarm, then it will probably stay in place. If it is hanign off of the back of the swingarm (YZ85) then it could definitely fall out.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I see. I didn't realize there were many other configurations. Mine have all been in the swingarm in front of the axle block. All except my 78 km100. And the wifes trr, but that doesnt have bolts to break off.

Top Bottom