bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
I need to know the best way to flush my crankcase, so that any peices of piston, ring, bearing, or anything of that nature are removed. The top end is off, and the rod is sticking out of case. What is the best way without spliting the cases?
Bleeds

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
splitting the case is best but what ive done at the shop i work at is this.

fill the bottom end with gas and start turning the crank by hand. get it moving and spin it thru both ways about 50 times each way, dump it out and do it again (might have to blow out the excess with air, make sure ya cover the hole with a rag or youll be wet with gas/peices) after ya flush it a couple times take your 2-strok oil and dump some down the little holes along the edges of the opening and some down around your rod. dont get crazy here or youll fowl a plug when ya restart it from to much oil. spin the crank thru and maybe put a bit more oil on it. never had a bike come back from this procedure so it must work fine.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i thought you were considering putting the old piston back in , what do you think may be in there??

can you feel or hear some grit or something?

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
yeah what ellandoh said - is there something about this old piston that you are not disclosing? If there's no cracks, no broken rings, etc, there's pretty much no point in flushing the bottom end

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Just wanted to be safe thats all guys. There was a little bit of dried mud that fell in when I removed the cylinder. The mud was actually on underside of the gas tank. Didnt see it until I bumped some in there. Just wanted to be safe. I am using the old piston over. Just want to be safe thats all.
Bleeds

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
first try blasting as much out with an air hose, if theres any way its still dry most of it should blow out, then flush.

Top Bottom