Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I've got a guy that races an 09 YZ250. He pulls the holeshot most everytime against 450's but's usually ends up in second, or third. After a lap or two a 450 will pull him. My observation is his wheel spin when coming out of corners loses time. I'm considering installing a 9oz Stealthy. Anyone have any experience with these?

No he's not switching to a 450 (yet), and no big bore kits. He usually can hang with the leader for a 4 lap moto.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Assuming he doesn't have a suspension or tire pressure issue, if he lacks feel for the balance between the clutch and rear wheel traction (like so many of us do) a Rekluse Pro clutch would be a much better choice than a flywheel weight. It's the closest thing to traction control you can get for a high HP two-stroke. Flywheel weights can be really effective on four-strokes with a lot of torque but they are far from the generic answer to every traction problem.

Last edited:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Rich Rohrich said:
Rekluse Pro clutch

Thanks, I'm not familiar with it although I've noticed a bunch of woods riders use them. I'll do some research. Again, thanks for pointing this out.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
a FWW will make the engine slower and less willing to acelaration, positive or negative.
they may make the bike get more traction easier since the engine will be slower to rev. yep, on a good traction terrain and high gear you may loose some speed. the bike will have less engine brake as well.

actually, a FWW may loose more traction than the conventional setup. such as when leave a corner with lots of throttle and clutch. the added inertia on the moment of disengage the clutch may brake the traction.

hope it makes sense...

Top Bottom