cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Hi all i am just thinkin of getting a new FMF Fatty or narley for my 90 KDX
How much extra power do they really give? as well as the silencer, (Power core or Turbine Core) any sugesstions would be handy :supz:

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I have the FMF Gnarly and Turbine Core II on my 2000 KDX and absolutely love them. Not sure of the exact power, but it is a noticable difference. The sound is fantastic. You will love them! :aj:

breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
I have an fmf gnarly woods and turbine core II on my 06, 200. Big difference in the bottom end once i got the jetting right, the top end may be a bit less than it was with the stock pipe but I never miss it. Great pipe I'd never go back.

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Awsome im lookin to gof or the SSt and Turbine pipe.. im sure the price is scary does anyone know a cheaper place to get these :-)

RuffTrane

Jun 30, 2003
I have an FMF Fatty on my 1990 kdx 200 and it does make a difference in certain ranges. A bit more power all the way through from the bottom but mostly in the mid to upper revs I found. I would recommend it on the '90 over the stock pipe for sure! I only have the stock silencer but the FMF pipe, by itself, gives you a noticable upgrade in power.

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
CFS let me know where you end up getting your pipe from, and how much it costs...im looking to do the same real soon. The only price I have found so far is from the local dealer, $450.

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
yeah thanks for the replys everyone
Just wondering though can a powercore or turbine muffler fit a stock pipe? just until i get more cash together? :P

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Yeah my best price is $420 for the pipe and $180 for the silencer brand new from my local dealer still in two minds about it.

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
ive just ordered both for a slightly better price than above so should be here soon

What finishes do they come in just polished gold? or silver as well..

Lukekelly

Apr 16, 2006
I have a fatty and a power core on my 94 kdx and its way different power than stock, but the thing is that the combination of those 2 makes it super loud compared to stock. just a bit too loud.

roberto06

Feb 12, 2006
cfspawn said:
super loud? i assumed it would have muffeled the sound and made it quieter

Today I replaced the stock silencer with a FMF Q, supposed to be the quietest option. It is definitely louder than the original, but not too much. I could not ride to see the diference if any.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom