fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Received an e-mail from Rick G. of CERA, that he has 103 riders signed up as of today out of 300 limit. "Bring your trail riding buddies". So a few Drners are going this Sunday, I know. Sounds like a fun ride in the woods. I'll be the slightly faster than a Tortoise guy, sporting the solid orange machinery. Is there some kind of a route sheet or just ride?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Qualifier format

Les,

It will be ran on the qualifier format (trail ride - special test - trail ride - special test...). Timekeeping equipment is not needed.
I usually run a mylar with check milages on it & I highlight the specials.
Just remember you can stop in front of a check & wait for your minute.

Conditions should be primmo!

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
i'll be there. with a friend. georgetown is an utterly awesome area to ride if you like twisty singletrack. i did some trailwork there last year with the CERA guys, and i've done tons of mountain biking there before i wised up and got a scooter.

dunno if it'll help, but while you're there, stop in town, buy something, and be nice to people. this riding area is threatened by anti-fun forces that pretend to care about the environment, and if the locals have good feelings about visiting dirtbikers spending money and not being jerks, it can't hurt.
-mw

KXEric

Feb 10, 2002
We Race for Beer!

I'll be there and four of my buddies from LA are coming up.
The GeorgeTown Hotel should be rocking the night before. I'll stop
there and eat one of their famous steaks and have a few beers to help
the town out. You can never have too much protein and carbs before a
race. Per the Tortoise the conditions should be Epic. I'll be dirt camping with my brother, Chase and some other guys. This is going to be a great race,
may the best man win.

p.s. we should have a post party at the hotel

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Being a different format, would this be a good race for a beginner? My only experience with enduros is that I rode the Wild Piglet this year.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Scottcr250, going to be my first enduro. Shouldn't be to hard if you are used to single track woods riding. I don't think it's as much a race as is a long, challenging woods ride. My goal is to finish before dark with all limbs intact :D KxEric, I'll look for you all, I be camping under stars @ Mace Mill Sat. night.

Last edited:

AKCPlumb

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 3, 2002
Club said 18mph average for whole course, so some places it will be a trail ride others will require some work, based on Sawmill numbers and that there are no more CC races until next fall it would be a good idea to sign up Sat. as they could hit the 300 rider limit.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, fremont guy!
I'm glad to know that you are riding in Fools Gold Enduro on Sunday.
I had such a great time riding with you and Tortoise guy in George Town. So I wish I could be there, too, but unfortunately it's not going to happen....
Buddy and his son Jonathon will be there.

I hope you all will have a good time and finish the race.
Good luck!

Mini :confused:

P.S. Those people who are planning to stay at George Town Hotel may want to party till mid-night. Because you're not going to be able to sleep till then anyway. They have loud karaoke on every Saturday night!!!

Buddy

Aug 14, 2001
Ride Meeting

FremontGuy,
Don't miss the 7 pm ride meeting Saturday night!
Think they will have trail 12 on the loop? ;)
Buddy

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Mini, yes last Sundays ride was awesome. Mud and a few new trails to ride, hope to ride with you again on a Sunday ride. Afraid I'll miss the karaoke ride meeting Sat. night :confused: Be hitting the freeway about that time Buddy. See you up there on Sunday.

Last edited:

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I just want say what an excellent event CERA put on Sunday. The ride was challenging and FUN! The course marking could not have been better!!! Makes Eric and I want to join CERA.

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hey Chase I use to belong to CERA back in the early 80"s before getting out of riding. Thinking about rejoining. Why don't we all,RetSenior,Tortoise,KXeric and all the rest join the club. I know they sure need more members. For info check out www.cera.org My problem is Thursday Night Meetings once a month, but I can miss one softball game. Lets find out when the next meeting is and all meet there.

Next meeting is.
Tuesday May 11th at 7:30pm
Lucia's Pizza
5035 Mowry (NW corner of Mowry & Blacow)
Fremont, CA

Last edited:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
UnkleMoose that pizza joint is about two blocks from casa fremont, Only problem is I work in Los Gatos till 8:00. Could get off work at 7 though. Looking at the calendar, is the date Sat. May 11? Or is it Tues. June 11?

Buddy

Aug 14, 2001
Cera Tuesday night meeting

UnkleMoose, Fremontguy,
I'm intersted in joining. Care for a third?. CERA did an excellent job of prepping for this Enduro. And I had a great time on Sunday- after I found Jonathon :D ! Got my cool KTM hat too.
Thank you CERA ;)
Did anyone see Eric do that One Footer shortly after the start?
And Chase- nice of you let us two smoke one kick starters by :D
buddy

Last edited:

cackle

Mar 30, 2001
Hi Guys,

The web site is http://www.cera.org We hear nothing but good things from riders. I was working a check and the riders coming through were screaming about how much fun they were having! The club wants riders to enjoy the race so they go out of way to make it happen. The weather also plays a important part and just a couple of days before the event it would have been a little to muddy. Any comments about the "Q" enduro format? The club worked very hard at repairing trails so the event could be held. The meeting is on the second Tuesday of the month.

cackle
C.E.R.A. member

Last edited:

speeed-up!!!

Apr 14, 2002
OK Guys the C.E.R.A. web says Tuesday May 11th. But per reading CACKLES note the second Tuesday is MAY 14th. See you all their. I work in Martinez and live in Brentwood, does anybody want to meet in Dublin or Pleasanton and carpool. Send me an email at ktraum@aol.com

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I was just preserving my health by pulling over. You 2 smokers were looking for blood, ;) waiting for me.
Had I not stalled :uh: (damn 4 strokes) you would still be picking rocks out of your faceguard from my ROOST!! :aj:
Easily the funnest race/event I've done. Not sure I care for the Q format since it makes my ICO Checkmate a $450 hood ornament :whiner:

Top Bottom