hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
Hey guys its been a while since i have been on here, but i now finally have a big bore 125.I had it done by Eric Gorr, just got it back friday. My suspension is at factory connection getting revalved, so I am really anxious to put it all back together. not sure what to expect so any of you big bore gurus, owners please let me know.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Put the jets to stock. Do not over due the break in. Run the recomended premix ratio. Listen to Eric. What state do you live in? When riding with a smile or a gasp, you are not breathing correctly. I get to "help" break in an older YZ144EG next week! Vintage Bob

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
minnesota its just like texas. ha no its cold as hell. i just wanna get some time at sandbox a new indoor riding facility in new richmond wisconsin, before i go to oklahoma this spring but its not looking too good but we will see. I had eric do the mid to top porting, and cut the head for race fuel. i was gunna do a stroker but just didnt think i really needed to. Even though it was only another 250 or so but the 144 will do it. Also i have vf3 reeds pc exhaust.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
stock jets check, when i got the bike it had a 420 main 40 slow stock needle. i just dropped the main to a 410 and raised the needle and it ran great. so i should just start stock with the new motor?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I always hated taking a fresh engine to play in the sand. Make sure all the openings are greased and zip tied tight. Like the rubber grommet atop the carb/throttle cable connection. Your air box seal is good? Pressure washers and age take a toll on that joint! The pro seal is sweet. Eric's engines, yes stock jetting to begin with should be fine. It only takes a minute to feel/hear how its running, check the plug frequently in each carb circuit. Start jetting from the air screw, pilot, clip, then the main. By the time you get to the main, it may be broke in already! What oil ratio did Eric recommend? Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Honestly it would probably end up at 20 because thats what the rest of my bikes will be/are jetted for. It makes the better horsepower, it lubes more, and on a hopped up 125, with out a doubt at least 25:1. 18:1 makes the most horsepower. Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its high compression also, running race gas. Yes, 25:1. 10:1 is rich! Rethink your thinking, and give your engine all the insurance you can. And get the most horsepower out of it. It was the entire point of sending it to get hopped up. Horsepower for your dollar, oil is cheap. Vintage Bob

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
well i commend you good sir you have been a great help. have you ever tried VPs MRX01? looks like some pretty nasty stuff

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I really am no fan of VP, when better is more readily available. You are not trying to infer that higher octane is going to help the horsepower? Its about throttle response, and ether oxygenate is the way to go. You need no higher octane other than detonation protection. I would be surprised if your engine needed more than 98~100, octane with out detonation. Does your piston have Eric's web address stamped in it? I want to buy 1 just to have around, its beautiful! Vintage Bob

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
oh yeah i know if i use 110 and the next guy uses 100 i will go a lot faster. right? HA yes it is about that low front end temp along with a good curve, I used to use U2 great stuff.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
i was trying to be funny, im not that nieve. thanks for the help, btw should i keep on using atf or only after its broken in and 25:1 premix through break in and regular running?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am going to run atf in my forks! Tranny, what ever you use, change it a lot! Premix, keep it the same. Here again is an area that quickly goes sour, over doing the break in. 10~15 total running minutes should be enough. That will leave you 4 hours and 45 minutes till ring time, roughly. I am waiting for a stupid dowel pin keeping me from testing the YZ144EG. Vintage Bob

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
Just wondering, how long was the turn around on your cylinder? My '03 kx cylinder should be arriving there on the 10th, or around there. Curious as to how long before it gets shipped back.
I can't wait to hit the track with it lined up next to 39 250f's... I've alwayse been mid pack, but I'm in considerably better shape this year and with a good power boost I think I'll surprise a few people ;p

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
ah thats hard to say for sure, since i had my whole motor done it took about 3 weeks. actually eric just swapped my cylinder for one he had already done. so it might not take long at all.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
hell yeah people will wonder why your 125 sounds like a 250. although I had my head cut to run race fuel, so it thumps pretty good im guessing most of that is from the higher comp.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
it really doesnt sound like a 125 at all any more its pretty sweet. just curious does a 144 vibrate a little more that a 125?

Top Bottom