whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Loosen your head stays, if there is any gap with no torque on the nuts, (run them up lightly finger tight), it needs to be shimmed. Even an 1/16th of an inch would make me worry. Torque the head in an odd direction and possibly cause a head leak. Cause it to vibrate? Anything torqued too much or too little, any stretched studs, bolts, or nuts? All the washers and spacers are in place? Do your handle bars have rubber cones in the bottom of the top clamp? Pipe and silencer properly mounted? The silencer core is intact and not loose? Gas tank and radiators are not vibrating? There is also a chance the crank is out of alignment. Did Eric put the motor together? You are sure its a vibration, and not that its running like it never did before? Last but not least, did you check the plug for detonation? Vintage Bob

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Canmx120 said:
I can't wait to hit the track with it lined up next to 39 250f's... I've alwayse been mid pack, but I'm in considerably better shape this year and with a good power boost I think I'll surprise a few people ;p

In my personal experience, motor work won't fix slow. . . :nener:

My results didn't really improve any with the E.G. 144 on my old RM. It was more fun and there were a few things on the track that were easier to do with the extra power (like a double with a short run up).

I also experimented with a flywheel weight because the extra power caused more wheelspin in hard/flat corners.

It's still hard to get a decent start against 250f's - they just get less wheelspin.

But it all comes back to the rider and his ability. A local former pro 4 wheeler racer bought a bone stock 2002 RM125 and smoked my entire class - including all the 250f's and 450f's (an open class).

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It may be Rob, that he is still learning? And not an older guy set in his/her ways? My oldest son Ryan has 2 friends, like d class riders. 1 guys motor was beyond rebuild, it needed a LOT of new parts. He could not ride before on the stock engine, now its a lot worse. Ryan is going to try a sprocket change to help him find the power. I am here to tell you, no 94 YZ125 ever ran like this bike, I love the YZ144EG! It has a stock carb with a lot of plastic in it, scrap pile. I have a better carb for that bike. Then there is the 04 KX250, the guy brings it over, the carb is real fat on bottom, cleared it out, nice really strong hitting bike. He wants to freshen it up, and make it better? Why, he could not ride it before. He would load it up, and not even clear it out. We just got back the big bore from Forward Motion, another work of art for sure. Just like the other guy, and they are brothers, he will load it up, and be disgruntled. BUT, when we take it for a ride, the smile factor will be maxed, I know! Now Ryan is getting the, I need to teach people to ride bug? I will keep an ear out for when these bikes go up for sale! Vintage Bob

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
i also had suspension work done too a full revalve forks and shock. factory connection did it, so between eric and fc i think im set

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Lean? KX85, are you crazy? Hotrod, if your bike can pull it, if your track can pull it, go bigger on the front? If you are not having to shift short to keep it in the powerband, its right about where you want it. That is stock gearing? The 2 my son and I did for friends, 1 is fine, and so is the rider, upper b class finisher. The second guy, just starting out, he may go smaller in the front. The way he rides, he needs more off bottom, or a lot more seat time! Using the front when you can, is cheaper, but jumps like 2 1/2 to 3 teeth in the rear. Pull the biggest top end gearing you can, without putting too much load on the engine, how and where you are using it means a lot. Vintage Bob

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
just found some ultimate 2, at a local kawi dealer gunna swoop some and make some hp cant wait. will i make more power with an adv in timming or the other way?

Top Bottom