Fox Airframe and EVS knee/shin guard review

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well i recieved my Fox airframe roost deflector and a pair of EVS knee/shin guards.

First the airframe. Well let me say that this is my 1st roost protector i have ever had so this might be a biased review but i will try to give the most info i can.
Fit: Well i am a lightweight. 5'9 at 138. I tightened everything up as much as possible and it is still a TAD big.
Finish : This is a beatuiful piece of equipment. I really didnt notice that i had it on when i was riding except for the shoulder guards were "flappin" well not really flaaping, but hitting my shoulders when i took a jump so i noticed that. No biggie.
Protection : I opted to take the forearm guards off just because i did not like how they felt. They felt to restrictive to me. Just my personal choice. But over all it protect my chest and back very well, actually excellent
Great roost deflector..I would reccomend it to any one. By the way i have the siver one.

EVS kne/Shin guards
Well, i didnt want braces, just because i couldnt afford them. I would rather have something then nothing so i went with these. They are the Gary Baily version not the Travis Pastrana version.
Fit : Well the fit is pretty good, but there is one problem that i noticed.. The top strap that goes behind your knee. (Not directly behing the knee but above you knee in back of your leg) digs into your skin when you are riding and it HURTS. I had to take them off they hury so bad. I think i have found a solution though. I took a pair of old tube socks and cut them so that i can slip the sock arounf my knee and cover the area where the strap is. I will tell you how this works out next week after i go riding.
Finish : Good, it a knee/shin guard like i was expecting. i was not looking for Asterisk fit and finish but it is good.
Protection Great, i feel very secure know knowing that i have protection on my knees. Platics cup for the knee. Then i believe a plastic slab (i am not sure of the technical term for it) but it feels strong.
Sorry for any mis-spelled words.
Marc

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If you want your Airframe even tighter, you can hook the straps around the back panel (there is two vertical slits that you can go through - about 2-3 inches from the sides). I did this with mine right away (been over 2 years so I really don't remember exactly). But try to reconfigure them if you want it even tighter. I can get some photos of what I did this weekend if you would like to see.

BTW - I LOVE my Airframe! :confused:

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Yeah nikki if you can get some pics it would help. I am not sure what you are trying to say exactly. I tried to fool around with it but it didnt make it any tighter. I dont think i am doing what you said to do though..Dah..im confused..Thanks Nikki!
Marc

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Rick im not sure what the term is i think you call them "suspended" They are connected with straps. So i think they are suspened.. What are air bladders by the way?
Marc

Apr 15, 2002
:think: im kinda curious what the air bladders are too....

Also what do you mean by forearm covers? my didn't have forearm protection just bi-cep.

I to am VERY happy with my Airframe, silver, clear, black color. When i ride w/o i am actually a little afraid.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Sorry 909, the bi-cep protectors are what i mean. Sorry for the confusion. I love the silver color scheme, it will also go with any color gear you have.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Marcv125 - here are a few pictures of how I reconfigured the side straps to get the sides tighter:

Attachments

• byron 014-s.jpg
    byron 014-s.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 320

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
And another:

Attachments

• byron 0150s.jpg
    byron 0150s.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 191

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
One last photo (inside view):

Attachments

• byron 013.jpg
    byron 013.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 185

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
lol..
It worked nikki thanks. It actualy feels like it is attatched to my body!!

KDX220rm cant wait for southwick. Just got the ok from my dad!! WOOHOOO

Top Bottom