Fox Forma Comp Boots? Good or Bad?

sidecase

Nov 10, 2001
I would like to hear opinions on the fox forma comp boots. Are they comfortable? How do they hold up? Do they have a steel shank in the sole to keep the kicker from poking holes in them? The steel shank is very important as I am kicking a CR500 over. It has finnally ate my last pai of boots.
I got am email quote from bob's cycle for fox forma comp boots for an online only price of 149.99 plus shipping. Looks very tempting but I would like to hear some opinions from someone who has tried them. The other boot I was considering was the alpinestars M4 for 129.00 plus shipping and the new Thor boots for 119.00 plus shipping. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Larry

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Sidecase,
I myself had some problems w/forma comps.. They tore after about a month, fox took 6 weeks too repair them (fox is about 45 minutes from my house) sent them back to me looking like they were junk.. I had problems w/the buckles coming un-done also.. I sold mine for $75 and invested in a pair of AlpinStar Tech8's and have had 0 problems w/them.. I sent Alpine a email a few weeks ago asking for longer straps and i had them at my doorstep 2 days later at no charge.. Can't go wrong w/AlpineStar in my opinion..
Hope this helps you,
Rick

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I have Forma Comps, I have had problems with the buckles also (breaking, and coming up.) I took them back to my dealer, the fox rep. there told me that some of the early models had problems so they just gave me a new pair! No problems with these ones yet...I like them but this is the only pair I've ever had so not much to compare to except for they look like they are built much sturdier than my friend's "Thor" boots.

Top Bottom