foxmxer13

Mar 11, 2006
most of my crashes come from pulling my front brake. Stupid crashes like coming around corners or forgetting to let go of the gas off a jump. Everytime i do something i pull the front brake. I think it comes from riding a regular bicycle where the back brake is on the right side, so when i panic i reach for the first brake i think of which is on the right side. I've gotten a little bit better at not pulling it, but still have a ways to go. Any suggestions on how to break the habit?

montana-mxer

Jun 13, 2006
i've never heard of this kinda proplem before. i suppose your front brake could work with you or not......if i were you i would just ride around the yard or a field or, and when you go to make a turn just pull in the clutch and ease on the front brake. as long as you dont yank on it hard and make it one smooth motion, you'll eventually get usd to doing that all the time. just practice, you'll get over it. plus, if worse comesto worse you could just disconnect your brake line! =)

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
try to use one finger. you will get used to tapping the front brake rather than mashing it.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Just practice practice practice. I used to have the same problem going between my bmx bike and dirt bike when I was younger. After a few weeks it was second nature and all was good.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Your front brake is probably 80 % of your stopping power...so just practice using it. The worst thing you could do is become afraid to use it. Besides, you can't do brakies without it!

Don't brake with the front while leaning into a turn or your going down. Brake before the turn. Everybody falls down learning to ride. Just practice doing things at slow speeds, and it won't hurt you or your bike as much. Have fun!

yz125204

Jun 26, 2006
first of all why dont you switch your bycicle levers around so that your right lever is your front brake and that your left is your rear. after doing that try being more relaxed, i know when started riding i was scared to, just remeber you control what that bike does.

Top Bottom