TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Well I got one phrase to some up the race course at the River Front Race, HELL UNDER WATER !!!!

David and I road about 4 laps Saturday, about 40 miles total. It was real wet with some nasty tight woods sections. That was the easy part !!!! It's when you hit the mud run, as we liked to call it, that things got really hard.

At about mile 3 or 4 you hit a part of the trail that is nothing but a series of mud holes. We are not talking little "OH hell I just got my boots wet" type either. More of the "OH crap, that's deeper than I thought" as your bars start to go under the water. You know how you get a good feeling about some holes because the water is real muddy looking. So you figure "cool this one isn't going to be that deep". Well then there are a few on this course that the water was CLEAR, as in it looked liked a pond. There are two places that we didn't attempt to cross due to the clarity of the water. And it was a good thing we didn't. We later run into Mike on the course, he is the race sponsor, I asked him about those holes and how deep they were. He just got this cheesy grin when he said about chest deep or more !!!! Now how is a person suppose to cross something like that????

Most of the mud holes we went through came up to about our seats. There was one nasty one we went through that our front end dropped off with the water about up to the bars. It was a short one though. So you are able to gun it and start up the other side just as soon as you drop off in it.

As for the rest of the course. It was fun with some great fast sections and also some good whoops. I'm not sure how anyone can do 100 miles on this course. I guess that's why he's called it the Iron Man race. Good luck to anyone who decides to ride the race. I hope this will help you some. Maybe some of you Heartland guys can make the race on Sunday. I will be there at 8am sharp, will save a parking spot for anyone who thinks they can make it. Thanks Lee

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Man has the rain done that much damage! Just last week it was no problem? Did mike say anything about the reroutes? He was suppossed to be preparing a couple of reroutes in case it rained on the day of the event. Lets see water to about the bars on a bike means, my sons quads will be floating! Holy crap that's bad! I need to get back down there and check it out. I think, I will go on wednesday about noon. Just to check it out. Lee, I got your message about 2:30am saturday morning when I got in from Bryant after my son's football game. They won and are now in the Semi-finals of the state championship against West Memphis this Friday coming up. Sorry, I didn't make it had work around the house and on the quads for the race. It Sounded like fun "yeah right".

See ya at the race!!!!

Jim

Top Bottom