Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
To start off ,, I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO RUN ANY ETHANOL IN ANY OF MY 2 STROKE ENGINES !!

We're fortunate that for the last two summers here in VT , several stations have imported non ethanol gas from Canada.
Last summer they didn't know if it was going to be available this year so a few of us stored some over the winter. I personally stored 40 gallons in a sealed metal drum with fuel stabilizer.
This gas had an octane rating of 91 and with some over thinking involved , I formed a conclusion that I'd lose some potency over the winter. So I went and got ten gallons of 100 octane aviation
gas , of course non-ethanol and mixed up our fuel this year with
25% aviation to the 91 , mathmatically making about a 93.5 octane fuel. The summary of this long story is that we have two 2 stroke trail bikes and one ran great on this fuel , the other I've
been scratching my head on as it just didn't have the snap and I really didn't think it was the fuel.
This week end I rejetted the bike that just did not have the smooth pull that it's known for and what a world of difference.
I learned or reminded myself that when you buy a different gas,
think about how it may affect the running of your bike.
I have no intentions to run anything different , just a learning curve on one of our bikes and all bikes are different , even if they
are the same year and model. :cool:

pearman

May 21, 2012
Thanks for the great info. Im still able to buy 91oct no ethanol @ the pump.
but I ve never tried any higher octane, it too hard to find around here.

pearman

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
If your still able to buy 91 non- ethanol then that's what I'd run.

Don't waist your money or time over thinking as I did.

But ,, ask your gas station manager how long they expect the
non-ethanol to be available. If they have no idea , which even the
suppliers would say , I'd suggest to store some in sealed metal containers for at least next year. Ad some stabilizer and you'll be fine.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
If you have no choice but to run E10, follow these simple rules:
1. Never mix more than you're going to use.
2. Go one step up on your main jet.
3. Drain the carb if the bike is going to sit more than a week.
4. Drain the tank if the bike is going to sit for an extended period.
5. If the gas is more than a couple weeks old, burn it in your garden equipment.

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
pearman said:
Thanks for the great info. Im still able to buy 91oct no ethanol @ the pump.
but I ve never tried any higher octane, it too hard to find around here.

pearman

Just a quick tip ,,,,, if it's a single hose pump , put 2 gallons in your car before you fill a gas can as you don't know what the person before you bought and that way your flushing out the line of any
ethanol.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom