motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Gas here was over 3.00$ but is now down to 2.53. "normal" before the disaster was around 2.35, and it could forseably be close to that by Dirtweek. I hope it's coming down across the country, and this encourages more folks to go, if gas prices were a factor.

B

biglou

It peaked at 3.19 on the MO side here in KC. It started falling rapidly after that. I bought one tank at 2.95 ($60!) and my last tank Saturday at 2.42. It's 2.38 as of this morning. I think we were around 2.25 before the storm.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Yeah yeah yeah...

It peaked about $3.25 here, and it's leveling off around $2.95 now, hopefully it continues to drop! $38 to fill a Chevy Malibu is a little ridiculous!!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cry me a river Squeaky, I filled m truck up a couple weeks ago and it was $95!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Patman said:
Cry me a river Squeaky, I filled m truck up a couple weeks ago and it was $95!

I know, I know I shouldn't be complaining...sowwy :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rita aiming for Galveston.... UGG.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
In northern Michigan it peaked at $3.66 a gallon but dropped down to $2.70 yesterday.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I noticed a shell station went from 2.98 this morning, too 3.09 this afternoon.. Avg price seems too be right arounf 2.98

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
$2.35 in Tulsa today. Hurricane Rita could change that within a day or two.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
squeaky said:
I know, I know I shouldn't be complaining...sowwy :(
Why not?! The high prices while not Euro level do suck but all we can do is deal with it and complain. You know I'm just bustin' your chops like one of the guys Squeaky. Well your sort of like one of the guys except you have boobs and are better lookin' ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Patman said:
Why not?! The high prices while not Euro level do suck but all we can do is deal with it and complain. You know I'm just bustin' your chops like one of the guys Squeaky. Well your sort of like one of the guys except you have boobs and are better lookin' ;)

LOL Seriously...although I get great mileage in my little v6, 3.1 liter car...it SUCKS to have to pay $38-$40 to fill up a 12 gallon tank!

Oh well, deal with it I guess...not much else I can do, I'm not going to stop driving!

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I used to laugh at the little hybrids and the nerds who drive them, but these prices will make you think differently...

:bang:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
VW TDi would rank higher on my list. Got a buddy that runs his hard and still gets 46mpg! Said once it's broke in properly with some tweaks and a light foot he should see 52 pretty easy.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I'm sticking with my muscle car. I'm too young and stupid to do otherwise.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
In all seriousness, if this storm hits north of Galveston, we could be in for some bigtime increases just like last storm.
Hopefully the feds are going to be able to jump right in and cause a correction by lifting restrictions again. I think the last move they made did a considerable amount of correcting in record time.
Problem is, I'm wondering if we may still be seeing gag-me-with-a-spoon prices before we head out to OK.
I'm tempted to fill up my many cans now in an attempt to beat the anticipated increases. My luck, the prices would be less 2nd week of Oct.
What to do???

If prices go to $4.00, I'll tout how intuitive I am with the foresight of a swami...

If they are at $2.40....I will have a lot of overpriced gas to burn. (and prolly won't tell that in reality I'm dumb as a rock)

One thing that does make things better to take....is to look at an old sales reciept for VP fuel...makes paying pump a LOT easier.

:)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I think the amount that it could go up, is a lot more than the amount that that it could go down. It could be a good gamble. If I had an RV with a big tank, I would have filled it at $2.45 I think.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Speculation of $4-5/gal on the news after this next hurricnae go round'

Top Bottom