JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
ok i used to think that your gear to look good should match the color of your bike atleast partway like if u have a kawi then you could get like green and black or white gear. but now i see riders with a green dirtbike and blue gear or a red dirtbike and orange gear.

now i know the color of the gear doesnt matter but doesnt that look kind of funny? is it becoming the new style?

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
Look at the pros, they often wear riding gear that doesnt match their bike.
I personally always go with black riding gear. Helmet, jersey, gloves, pants, boots; the whole deal. The nice thing about black riding gear is that it never looks dirty.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I only wore red this year cause it's my favourite colour. Sometime this year when I move onto an RM or YZ i'll still wear red. matching means nothing to me.

Racerboy

Apr 14, 2007
I think it looks cool to have different colored gear, and same colored gear. I dont really give a rip, whichever gear I think looks the coolest regardless of my bike color.

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
I think all the same colour looks cool, but then when Fonseca had yellow gear on a honda it was pretty cool too. Anyone heard any news about Fonseca?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I used to do the matching thing, but if you ever switch bikes, you're hooped. I've also gone the route of black/grey riding gear. It matches everything and never gets dirty. Only problem is it's a little warm in the summer time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I wear whatever happens to be clean(est) at the time.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
yea im going with either the 07 thor ac gear or the 07 fox hc jersey and 180 pants. both black and white

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I have the Fox HC jersey (06) and it's great. I wouldn't get the 180 pants though. I have a pair from 2003ish and while they're good, I like my 360's (2007) way better.

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
i have the thor phase gear in red/white, and i ride a yz. i don't care as much about matching the bike as i do matching the pants and jersey (which i don't care too much about either...)

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I bought matching red / black gear. I went for red because I have a honda (the plastic is faded and looks orange at this point though).

Personally I will be keeping this red gear regardless of my next bike purchase. I was more concerned about all my gear parts matching each other. Even then my main concern was getting a good price.

I was at an open track practice in my area the other day. 95% of the people there had hondas or yamahas. They all had various colors of gear. Doesn't seem to matter much.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
any one who owns it what can you tell me about the thor ac gear or the fox hc jersey and 180 pants

i cant decide between the two

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
The Thor AC gear is vented and designed for riding in hot weather. Im not familar with Fox gear, so I cant help you with that.

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
I like a color that slightly matches like i got a ktm but my TLD hear is all blue with some small orange on it and the Warped SE2 helmet.... but.. i wish i would have gotten some fluorescent colored gloves and goggles. And i usta ride with the thor AC gear.. i like it alot and if you run a chest protector it helps keep it just a little bit cooler

Top Bottom