dirtygrrrl

May 28, 2004
I am having a hard time finding some ladies gear that fits me. I'm a size 2 or 26" in pants. I am really small in the chest area, but I have big shoulders and arms (for a girl)
I"m wearing a pair of guys pants that are probably a 28 or 30" and they are gaping at the front and always want to ride up since they are too big.
Is there any gear that is made in smaller sizes for women.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Most motorcycle shops have dressing rooms for trying on gear. Go to one a try on a few kid sizes and see how those fit you. Most of the time they come in the same colors and styles as the adult gear.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
She was hoping for experience with the womens gear that comes in smaller sizes.

MSR goes to size 4 no? Is that a tight actuall 4 or a big baggy 4?

Fox also makes size 3/4 in ladies - same questions.

Oneal's womens gear starts at size 1 - same questions.

So I think she was wondering if anyone has any experience with the womens gear in smaller sizes, not kids gear (it will likely fit as poorly as the mens gear she has now).

Phil

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
1tontj said:
She was hoping for experience with the womens gear that comes in smaller sizes.

MSR goes to size 4 no? Is that a tight actuall 4 or a big baggy 4?

Fox also makes size 3/4 in ladies - same questions.

Oneal's womens gear starts at size 1 - same questions.

So I think she was wondering if anyone has any experience with the womens gear in smaller sizes, not kids gear (it will likely fit as poorly as the mens gear she has now).

Phil

As galant as you are trying to be I think the lady can speak for herself. Thank you.

I'm pretty petite through the waist myself and I have the same problem. For now I'm using men's 30s (I need the length). I have not tried any of the women's pants, yet. Most of the stores in my area carry just the Fox gear (gag). One of these days I'll order the MSR pants that Firecracker did a review on. Check out some of Firecracker's gear reviews. She's tried just about all of them. Good luck.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
dirty~d~ said:
As galant as you are trying to be I think the lady can speak for herself. Thank you.

She can, but she was too lazy to type it out, and her thread would have died with no useful info.

Phil
Dirtygrrrl's boyfriend.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Sounds like we have similar builds dirtygrrl - I'm a 27"/28" waist with flat chest and built arms and shoulders. I found lady Acerbis' 5/6 (their smallest size)pant and jersey to be way too big. I found LBZ sizes to fit perfect (3/4 for a 27/28" waist) but inseem to be way too long. I also found that their Hibisicus pants were not breathable at all but were very durable. A week ago, MXsouth was out of the Womens MSR pants in sizes 4 & 6 black and 4 blue so I never got to try it on. My dealer cant order the gear anymore either. I will venture down to my dealer one of these days and order the new Thor ladies gear if I like what I see in the catalogue.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The MSR gear runs pretty big--an 8 is baggy on me, and I wear a 10-12 in jeans. The Fox gear seemed a bit large too, although not quite as much. Vixen (www.vixenoffroad.com) is a little different in looks, but quality gear. It's just not the "IN" brand to have or anything--some people care, some don't. Their sizing is a little smaller. O'Neal runs pretty true as well, although it's not quite as high of quality (IMO) as the others. So, for fit, Vixen and O'Neal would be at the top of my list.

Too bad you didn't catch me a couple of weeks ago . . . I had a TON of really small gear that will never fit me again, and I gave it to a friend's kids. Oh well. Keep your eyes peeled. If you do end up getting kids' gear, at least it's a lot cheaper! I'd wear it if I were small! HOWEVER, I would NOT recommend kids' boots. Not protective enough. Alpinstars makes down to size 5 (mens) and their sizes seem to run a little small. They have quite a few different models/price ranges in boots.

Good luck!
-Firecracker

Sourstraw

Apr 17, 2003
I have a 3/4 in the women's Fox gear - I am 5'4 and a size 2-4 as well. I know the colors are semi-lame, but men's clothing just doesn't fit me. The Fox gear fits great and is not too snug, and also not too long - being pretty small, everything usually just goes down to my ankles. Plus, when you ride in soot basins, which is a lot of Pennsylvania terrain, you can't tell what the color of the gear is anyway. My gear looks grey now, not lavendar at all. ha ha... :)

Good luck!!

Stacy

throttlegirl

Sep 1, 2004
I'm 5ft, 107lb, w/ 25" waist
The Fox gear (sz 5,6) fits the best although it is still a little loose in the waist. I think it is very comfortable.
Acerbis (sz 5/6) too loose, too long and I don't like all the rubber patches on the pants(uncomfortable).
I just ordered the MSR in a size 4, but I haven't gotten it yet.
Hope this helps

chewgravel

Aug 28, 2004
Kids stuff worked pretty well for me. Only grown up thing I got was the lady fusion chest protector. And a grown up bike. LOL! The boys pants were a cool black and purple and I found a matching shirt. So the pants have a fly. As a FF I got used to that years ago. :laugh:

throttlegirl

Sep 1, 2004
just got the MSR women's gear in the mail. I got a size 4 pants and sm jersey. the pants are awesome, more comfortable than any other that I've tried w/ a nice fit. the jersey is long enough to tuck in and stay put. A++

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Great to know. I've been wondering about the MSR gear. I have Fox gear, but I want something different. I'm small myself 5'3" 108. I really like the way this years gear looks. How's the quality? I haven't made it to the bike shop to look at it, yet. This weekend.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom